BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BMW 750i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody
I am trying to figure out how to replace the reverse light on my 06 BMW 750i, does anybody know how or can you direct me to the post where I can find any help, Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you open the trunk there are 2 plastic covers to the left and right. Open those up and you will see the plugs that house the reverse lights. Take those off and that's it. Just make sure you get the proper wattage bulb so you don't get a error code on your dash. Leds will throw off error codes even if there canbus for the reverse lights.

·
Registered
2006 BMW 750i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, when I opened the 2 plastic cover there is metal from the car covering them housings. It seems like I have to remove the whole light to gain access to the housing. There is like 2 or 3 bolts holding the light to the car body from inside the trunk. The problem, on the passenger side I have to remove the fuse box to gain access to one of them bolts. I was wondering if there is another way around doing all that and if that's the only right way to do it, am I correct about removing all 3 bolts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts