BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Very bizarre thing happening today. Whilst my boot is shut and secure the tailgate warning keeps appearing sporadically when I drive.

It only comes on literally seconds after i take my foot off the break pedal if I have been stationary in traffic with my foot on the break. Once traffic moves and I lift off the pedal I can count 5 seconds and the yellow warning light comes on with a ping and then after minute or so it goes off and is fine. I cant get it to come on going over bumps, going round corners etc, Ive tried everything to maybe replicate a loose sensor when driving. Any one any thoughts?

Is the wiring loom near the break lights or something? im thinking it could be a short somewhere?

325d Lci 2010 plate

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Yes common issue with the harness going from the chassis to the trunk lid.

The insulation cracks and wires short.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
You shouldn't need to know the wiring pinout to repair your issue.

When you slip back the boot, you should see the broken insulation/wiring. Just match the colors. Solder and heat shrink. Then slip the boot back over and secure to the body panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.