BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just joined the forum and must admit there is a wealth of information in here! I am soon hoping to own my first BMW. I had a question regarding potentially taking over else with the intent to exercise the optional lease end buyout in lieu of buying a CPO? Can someone please point me in the right direction to analyze such a deal? I understand that the consensus is that the end of lease buyout price is pretty inflated but what if I am making only the last 8-10 payments on the lease and exercise the buyout? Could such a deal make sense?

Thanks in advance for your help!

· Chairman of the Bored
3,326 Posts
First the lease buyout price may or may not be a good deal depending on the particular car and mileage. Second, if you took over a lease you could buy it out anytime prior to lease end if you wanted to, the price would be approximately the residual - # of remaing payments*monthly depreciation. Sometimes you can get a CPO for about the same as the residual or less from a dealer, again depending on the things mentioned. I have bought out several of my leases mid lease for various reasons, the price always seemed ok to me and it's very easy to do with BMWFS.

· Registered
2,402 Posts
There are a lot of factors, but if you can find a good (low miles, good condition) where someone put a big downpayment down, you could wind up getting a steal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.