BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all our festers in the snow region, when do you usually swap out your snow's? Any rule of thumb?

I can't wait to take the Blizzak's off and put the Dunlop SP Sport's back on now, but with the night time low still hitting 30's these days I really hesitate. On the other hand I really want to minimize the wear on the Blizzak's by switch them over ASAP.

·
Major
2,312 Posts
For all our festers in the snow region, when do you usually swap out your snow's? Any rule of thumb?

I can't wait to take the Blizzak's off and put the Dunlop SP Sport's back on now, but with the night time low still hitting 30's these days I really hesitate. On the other hand I really want to minimize the wear on the Blizzak's by switch them over ASAP.
Mine are sill on the car. :( just got 2 feet of snow 2 days ago. Melting down slowly. I'll run mine for another 2 weeks :(((

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
I'm going to be taking mine off any day now. I'm tired of the blah handling now that the roads are clear. Fingers crossed they stay that way and we don't have an spring snow showers.

Tim

·
Registered
224 Posts
They are off since yesterday--- nice quiet ride again in our 07 x3 . Any snow that comes now will be very easy to handle with what we have.

George Allan

·
Banned
650 Posts
Will take mine off this week or next... Daily temps are in the 50's right now so I don't see the reason to wear them anymore.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Took mine off 2 weeks ago. Glad to see em go. The 550 can really break em loose pretty easily. Glad to have more rubber on the road.

·
Under the lift arms
13,182 Posts
My e30, only runs snow tires ( year round ) but the 36 never got snow tires, and. The 540, has a separate set of rims and.tires. I swaped them a few the out the winter .

Imo I would get your self a 2nd set of rims for snow tires, makes life eazy

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imo I would get your self a 2nd set of rims for snow tires, makes life eazy
Totally agree. I do have a complete set of rims and tires for my snow setup now. Yes in the long run it's totally worth it; now I can DIY my tire swap in my garage. It's funny how much I look forward to that little project now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts