BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 530i for only a month and the driver side door was hit Saturday night while at a friend's house.

There was a truck parked beside me and I am 100 % positive his tire hit my door. I have tire marks on my door as well as white paint(from white truck) on my mirror. My mirror was even turned in towards the window. The kid left and now will not admit to hitting my car. There were supposedly a couple of other kids out there that claim he didn't hit my car. I know for a fact, my car had not been hit before I pulled in at that house.

I guess I'm just SOL. I really don't have any way of proving that it was indeed his truck. I have since looked at his truck and dings and scratches are a dime a dozen. I'm a great judge of character and know when I'm being lied to, and I'm being lied to. Unfortunately, I have no way to prove it.

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts
Well... your luck could have been worse......... could have been like mine. :mad: I got hit twice in two days. Read previous post here.

My insurance deductible was much less for the hit and run compared to if I had done it myself. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I know how you feel, My previous SUV was sideswiped by a 18 wheeler while my car was parked and I couldn't prove it as well. I think I want to start putting in security cameras in their car to monitor it 24/7.

·
Happily Driving
7,205 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Guess that's why we spend an arm and a leg on insurance!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Strange but true

zoooming_by said:
How Much You Pay For your E60?!

Z
I live in New Jersey and have New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company. You may not believe this but I pay LESS for my MY07 530xi than I did for my 8 year old Toyota Avalon! The Avalon was $780/year and the brand new, much more expensive 530xi is $740/year. This number was adjusted down a little from the initial estimates due to the anti theft, etc. options.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is a good rate !

GolferEngineer said:
I live in New Jersey and have New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company. You may not believe this but I pay LESS for my MY07 530xi than I did for my 8 year old Toyota Avalon! The Avalon was $780/year and the brand new, much more expensive 530xi is $740/year. This number was adjusted down a little from the initial estimates due to the anti theft, etc. options.
:thumbup:
... Way to go man - :thumbup: I pay $760/year for mine - and it is $6 more than what I paid for my 99e39 528.

Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.