BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Should I or shouldn't I??

Talk me out of jumping.....

1830 Views 31 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  lisaann
Should I or shouldn't I? :dunno:

The latest low interest CPO offer has me thinking about trading my '04 ZHP for an '06 330i. My ZHP has just under 87,000 miles and the CPO warranty ends in January, but I'm not too concerned about that. I love my ZHP, but I think the E90 330i 255hp motor is a gem and driving that car at a BMW driving event back in the fall of 2005 is what got me into a BMW in the first place.

Here are the two candidates:

http://www.bmwofdallas.com/index.cf...=Used&preauctionsearch=&franchisebatchtype=FB

http://www.bmwofdallas.com/index.cf...=Used&preauctionsearch=&franchisebatchtype=FB
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
with 25k you could get an M3... I'll say it 2 everyone.
Hell you could get a REALLY nice E39 M5 also.
If you buy *either* of those cars, your Official Theme Song will have to be:

"I Ain`t Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Woman, But I Shore Have Woke Up With A Few"....
lolololololol.
If you buy *either* of those cars, your Official Theme Song will have to be:

"I Ain`t Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Woman, But I Shore Have Woke Up With A Few"....
I wouldn't do it for a 330i now a 335i or 335d that may be tempting. Is there any performance comparisons out there for ZHP vs. 330i E90 or 335i ???
I actually really like those cars. The reason I stopped considering them was that A: I can't stand how the top part of the grille is attached to the hood like that (relatively easy body shop fix for me, no biggie) and also the orange in the headlights (also somewhat easy fix).

Those cars are both missing a pedal :bigpimp: That may or may not matter to you.

I love those engines though and 255 HP is pretty dang good for a NA non-M. I can't remember the layout of the sedan but my buddy has an E92 328 coupe and the armrest feels like a tree trunk shoved into the middle of the seats that you can't remove. The gear shifter also feels 3 feet long (this wouldn't matter if you bought an automatic I guess).

If you like it I say do it.

Oh and I didn't vote on the poll yet ... I can't decide if I want to vote no because you showed us 2 automatics or yes because I like the car haha.
Found a pic... looks like the sedan is laid out the same way. Again ... if you buy an automatic this won't matter, but this would drive me NUTS to shift like this.

Well, I saw 15 of those e92's outside my local starbucks this morning. All were driven by newport smoking housewives. 255HP in a heavier car should feel about the same as the 235 your ZHP has, and we won't even compare handling. The new 330 is an ugly beast, and the interior is sub par IMO compared to the E46. I don't even understand your thought process. Newer ain't always better and the fact is you drive one of the best BMW's ever built with the best color combo IMO. Are you frigging nuts? Just because your Red Raiders suck again is no reason to act like a looney!

Oh, and here is what the E90 "starbucks crowd" are saying....I'm hurt you went to them first OP.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403465&highlight=
+1 (Besides the "best color" comment, of course)
Well, I saw 15 of those e92's outside my local starbucks this morning. All were driven by newport smoking housewives. 255HP in a heavier car should feel about the same as the 235 your ZHP has, and we won't even compare handling. The new 330 is an ugly beast, and the interior is sub par IMO compared to the E46. I don't even understand your thought process. Newer ain't always better and the fact is you drive one of the best BMW's ever built with the best color combo IMO. Are you frigging nuts? Just because your Red Raiders suck again is no reason to act like a looney!
Transmission choice failure.
:)
Well, he has Imola Red over saddle brown/black. Best interior color for sure!
+1 (Besides the "best color" comment, of course)
I've been in both cars. Honestly the ZHP feels like more of a car. Stay with it.
OP,

Would you rather drive the best iteration of the (non-M) 3-Series ever built, or would you rather drive a German taxicab with a cheap-looking interior, pedestrian handling ability, and no personality, just for the sake of owning a newer car?

(I`m not prejudiced at all, am I ? :)
i have a stack of little flyers in my car. everytime i park near a E90 i put it under their windshield wiper.

it says 'FYI - your car is U-G-L-Y'

you don't want to get a flyer now do you?

also, let me point out that the 2006 weighs 3,400 lbs, which is a 13.4 lb/hp ratio.

your ZHP weighs 3,285, which is a 13.9 lb/hp ratio.

so not a big difference in power here.
+1
i've been in both cars. Honestly the zhp feels like more of a car. Stay with it.
When I bring in my car for service, they usually give me an e90 to use. Feels like a rental car to me. The ergonomics are not very good, and the interior feels cheap. I do like the engine though, and the brakes feel about the same. For the money you are going to spend, you could do a lot of repairs to your car. JMHO of course, but I say keep what you have. I firmly believe that the E46 will be a classic one day, the E90, no way.
I'd be a damn liar if I said you aren't. They are good cars, thought I'd still take an E46 over them any day.

Unless we're talking fully loaded 335i with 3 pedals of course. :D
(I`m not prejudiced at all, am I ? :)
Which tells me only one thing. There are too many self-indulgent wieners in this town with too much bloody money! ............. Sorry, couldn't help it.
Well, I saw 15 of those e92's outside my local starbucks this morning. All were driven by newport smoking housewives.
:rofl: 2 Roger's don't make a right!
Which tells me only one thing. There are too many self-indulgent wieners in this town with too much bloody money! ............. Sorry, couldn't help it.
What else do you have in the warehouse?
:rofl: 2 Roger's don't make a right!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.