BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I read a few opinions on the tan leatherette and all of them are quite negative. I am assuming the 2003 tan leatherette will have the same appearance and texture as the 2002,etc did. I am about to order an alpine white 2003 325ci with leatherette interior. But i cannnot decide between black or tan....ugh!

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
Baptizer said:
Hello.
I read a few opinions on the tan leatherette and all of them are quite negative. I am assuming the 2003 tan leatherette will have the same appearance and texture as the 2002,etc did. I am about to order an alpine white 2003 325ci with leatherette interior. But i cannnot decide between black or tan....ugh!
My father has it (tan-ette) in his 325xi and I don't think it looks bad. Of course all of us tan owners have at least some in our cars (doors, etc) and many people ask the question "which parts are leather, and which are ette?") so it can't be that bad.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
I have it and am pleased. Yes to the trained eye it does not come off as leather as much as the black, but I can not remember any non-BMW owners who have id'ed it as "ette" or vinyl.

Easy to clean, more durable and more $$ to put into other options.

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
I have it and am pleased. Yes to the trained eye it does not come off as leather as much as the black, but I can not remember any non-BMW owners who have id'ed it as "ette" or vinyl.

Easy to clean, more durable and more $$ to put into other options.
Knowing what I know now (have leather in my car, have seen ette in a few others), I'd save my money on leather and put it towards some other option next time. The ette is pretty damn nice

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Josh (PA) said:

Knowing what I know now (have leather in my car, have seen ette in a few others), I'd save my money on leather and put it towards some other option next time. The ette is pretty damn nice
:D

Now of course if you go 330, it comes with the PP so you have to consider splitting the options out:dunno:

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

:D

Now of course if you go 330, it comes with the PP so you have to consider splitting the options out:dunno:
If I go with the 330 it will have that special CPO option, whatever I can find (within my loonnngg list of constraints) will be what I get.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Josh (PA) said:

If I go with the 330 it will have that special CPO option, whatever I can find (within my loonnngg list of constraints) will be what I get.
I'll bet you find a very high % in leather in that case.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
johnlew said:
Black, more elegant, easier resale.
:( Are you saying I'm not elegant:dunno:

Resale not an issue for me since the Mrs. says we'll have it for many many years. My hope is my 8 year old son learns to drive in it:thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does apline white exterior/black leatherette interior sound appealing to you guys? Sounds good to me..but i have yet to see such a color combo......

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
Baptizer said:
Does apline white exterior/black leatherette interior sound appealing to you guys? Sounds good to me..but i have yet to see such a color combo......
Lets put it this way, my wife and I have ALPINE WHITE, TAN interior... guess which one's more appealing to me. Actually our audi has black leather now, and I do not like it at all. Too hot in the summer, too dark, kind of dreary, I like TAN alot:thumbup:

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Hmmm....glad I happened on this thread; I could save $1500.

I've made a point of searching out older cars with leather, and it doesn't seem to age all that well (past 5 years). Of course, it could be the type of leather used, but I've looked at older Audi's, MBZ, Acuras and the like.

Someone told me to save on the leather and put the money towards the 330i; they said I'd be glad if I did...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey! since i saved you 1500...i expect my normal 40% profit of it!

Hey Josh, the tan interior still has the black dash-area right? just curious.

·
...worked on the railroad
1,054 Posts
Baptizer said:

Just let me know where to send the 600 Benjamins! :thumbup:

Although the spouse is going to fuss (but since he insists I pay cash, and so I figure if I'm paying cash, I can get what I really want) - I'm really leaning, leaning, leaning towards the Bimmer and not the G35 6-Speed Sedan.

At first I liked the G35, but as time goes by...well, it seems a little strange-looking?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hehe...you can just paypal me! www.2darkpark.com !!
Yes, the G35 at times does have a strange look. I heard(but yet to see) that the interior is very, uhm, not appealing.
paying cash? :( me jealous :(

·
superwagon pilot
1,388 Posts
Baptizer said:

the top half of the dash, and the instrument hood are black, the lower half (glovebox, etc) is tan.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My 2 cents

I really like tan interiors, but I did not like the appearance of BMW's tan 'ette when I saw it at a local dealer. It does not resemble leather at all, and it looks like plastic (which it is). Also, the tan colored strip under the windshield is very annoying when driving. The black dash should extend all the way to the base of the windshield - the way it is now, makes for some strange reflections in the sun.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts