BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a car wash I have never used here in LA. They put which looks like mixer board/camera tape on two of the blocks at the front of my car. Have you guys ever had this done? Are these sensors? Do they fall off at the car wash? The tape was removed when the guy gave me back the car. Was I day dreaming about white tape on the front of my car? :dunno:

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
A few people on this forum have reported that their tow-hook covers have come off during car washes and they've almost lost them. So the car wash must be getting wise to this, and started using the tape to keep customers from complaining about lost covers.

I know the tow-hook cover on our e90 almost fell off one time (not at a car wash). I got lucky and happened to see it one day and pop it back in place. They are not fastened as securely as they should be.

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, thanks for the post. This place gets a lot of high end cars, maybe that's why the basic car wash is $13.99.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got stupid tape residue on my clear bra because the moron at the car wash ripped the tape off to quickly leaving a mess behind! (good thing nothing ripped)

Blah

If i can only find my goo-b-gone bottle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts