BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mechanically Declined
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a response to my previous problem in my thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345300 , I am going to get the Inspection II done along with an ATF Flush at my local dealer. Car is an 04 330Ci with 60.3K on it. I hope this will solve my issues and hopefully not introduce me to new ones. Anyone know how much the stealership charges for a tranny flush? I figure between these two services I should probably expect about $1,000.

·
Registered
520 Posts
don't just get a transmission flush. make sure they do the whole shabang and change the filter in the transmission pan and also hook up dohicky (yes that is a technical term :) ) and also change the transmission fluid in the torque converter!

·
ZHP = Patlabor
2,340 Posts
Get a transmission drain and service done; not the flush. $1k sounds high for an Inspection II + Transmission service. Also don't forget the sparkplugs/valve cover gasket, fuel filter and lcabs if they are not done already.

·
ZHP = Patlabor
2,340 Posts
add waterpump to that list...
Great point; forgot that whole cooling system replacement should also be added to that list- radiator, waterpump, thermostat with housing, upper and lower hoses, water temp sensor on lower hose, BMW coolant, expansion tank + cap, thermostat by radiator, etc...

Realoem lists all of the things you need for the whole cooling system replacement. Great preventive maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts