BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after talking to everyone I knew, their mechanic and several other people that I didn't know, I ordered a TC Kline True Match Single Adjustable coilover kit with 450# front springs and 500# rears. I also ordered Motor Force Camber plates.

I got the call that they were in early yesterday afternoon, so I threw the kids in the car and drove the 90 minute round trip to the shop I purchased from.

Installed them this morning with the help of one very experienced friend and another who can wrench a little bit, but hasn't done this before, but will be doing it on his 95 coupe soon. Amazingly, during the first test run, I got into a nice straight section of road and let go of the steering wheel. No pull at all. From anywhere.

After a few adjustments, I took the car out for another spin...OMFG!!! Firm but not jarring ride, car rolled straight with no hands on the steering wheel, and MAN can it HANDLE!!!

Need to fix the ride height, but it's to farking hot right now, so you'll just get a few comparo shots. When I get the wheels off, i'll take pics of the rear setup and when I get the ride height fixed I snap shots of the car.

As of now, the ride height is...

I'll be working towards 12.75 front & 11.5 rear

Old & New left front strut

Old & New right front strut

Old right rear assembly and a little something missing

When I'm done adjusting the ride height - and after I've washed the car - I take some after shots, so as to offer up yet another before/after comparison...and I'll snap some shots of the rear assembly while I'm at it.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
You need to corner weight it.

Have fun, I love my TCK DA setup with 400 pound springs all around in my E46 M3.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
In about 6 - 9 months. :) And good luck with support.

TCK has stuff in stock and will answer phone calls with people who can help. We got 3 E46 M3 kits in about 3 days from order, and got help every time we called.

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
22,144 Posts
Pinecone said:

TCK has stuff in stock and will answer phone calls with people who can help. We got 3 E46 M3 kits in about 3 days from order, and got help every time we called.
That's exactly why I ordered the TCKline kit :). Ground Control is quickly gaining a bad reputation for poor Customer Service and inability to meet their commitments.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was going to get the TC Klines originally but some friends talked me into the Ground Controls. I was able to get them within a week or slightly longer so I can't really complain. I like the quality and how the look but *if* I decide to go with coilovers for my E46 then I'm going to try the TC Kline products.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pinecone said:

I got mine in about a week from a shop who is local to Ground Control. I was quite satisfied with the products so far but I've heard from quite a few people that their customer service is in a downward spiral.

I was just kidding with ffej because we all got our suspensions within a week of eachother.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Others have not been so lucky. I like GC products, but some of the problems people have had, versus my good luck with TCK has shifted my preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts