BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
When it comes to cars like the 7, TD somehow forgets about the importance of driving feel. No other luxury car can match it.

Get the computer glitches solved, and this will be the best luxury sports car ever, if it isn't now. It drives incredibly and the seats are more comfortable than anything that I have ever sat in, bar none.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,697 Posts
I like this review-- its one of the most balanced, useful and fair reviews of the 7 that i've read. I like they didn't just overreact and make sweeping incorrect statements like "everything is controlled by the idrive" Good report. I still can't get past the interior and exterior-- and I'd never buy something w/ that much new technology in its first year.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Ok, I stopped reading after this paragraph:

Thankfully, whether one adores or abhors the 2002 7 Series from a visual standpoint, it only takes a few minutes behind the wheel to confirm that the car's basic BMW genes are intact.
AFAIC, enough said.

PS: DaveN323i, as you may know, English is NOT my native language, but even I know they misspelled "LUDITE"... For someone who seems to be into grammatical perfection, I thought you should know that... :rolleyes: :p (Needless to say: PLEASE disregard this PS and pardon my ignorance if "LUDDITE" means something else... I really wouldn't know).

·
10,856 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Ok, I stopped reading after this paragraph:

AFAIC, enough said.

PS: DaveN323i, as you may know, English is NOT my native language, but even I know they misspelled "LUDITE"... For someone who seems to be into grammatical perfection, I thought you should know that... :rolleyes: :p (Needless to say: PLEASE disregard this PS and pardon my ignorance if "LUDDITE" means something else... I really wouldn't know).
luddite is a word, last I checked. :)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well, I'm obviously wrong then. Thanks for enlightening me folks. I've been spelling it wrong all along... I SWEAR I have an English/Portuguese dictionary that spells it LUDITE though... I guess you can't trust something printed outside the US, huh?

Edit:

Too bad it's at work. I'd scan the page to show you guys... :(

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Well, I'm obviously wrong then. Thanks for enlightening me folks. I've been spelling it wrong all along... I SWEAR I have an English/Portuguese dictionary that spells it LUDITTE though... I guess you can't trust something printed outside the US, huh?

Edit:

Too bad it's at work. I'd scan the page to show you guys... :(
Sure, use the dictionary as your scapegoat :rolleyes:

:p

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Shure, use the dictionary as your scapegoat :rolleyes:

In the interest of grammatical perfection, it's spelled "sure".

"Shure" is a microphone company.Builders of the venerable sm57, the mic that's recorded more classic rock guitar solos than you can count.

Ed

:p

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

DAMN IT!!!

I always get caught by that. atyclb pointed that out last week, and I still do it :mad:

caught me before the edit :mad:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :p

I've seen that many times, and saw it this time around too... I thought it was some kind of Internet Forum "jargon" - I must confess that I would find it RIDICULOUS (Nate, notice that it's spelled R I D I C U L O U S) if it were some kind of jargon. I mean, why spell something so trivial wrong?

·
10,856 Posts
Shure also makes very decent needles for turntables...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
ALEX325i said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :p

I've seen that many times, and saw it this time around too... I thought it was some kind of Internet Forum "jargon" - I must confess that I would find it RIDICULOUS (Nate, notice that it's spelled R I D I C U L O U S) if it were some kind of jargon. I mean, why spell something so trivial wrong?
I have only gotten that wrong 9 times :tsk:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/se...id=38822&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

My spelling is TERRIBLE :cry:

oh, I have gotten sure wrong 33 times

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/se...id=38824&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

I am going to cry over my horrible spelling :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

(ok, how many wrong in this post?)

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

...I am going to cry over my horrible spelling :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:...
That's nothing compared to my gaffe... Dude, I'm gonna have to put up with a LOT of crap because of that one... That's fine though, at least now I know it's spelled LUDDITE... Plus, I don't have a problem "getting out of my own way"... ;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Gee, go and watch Law & Order, and miss the hijack.

Don't worry Alex. English is also not my first language.

But guess what? I am also an editor for a publishing company.

ONLY in America :D

[Edit] Wait! I am into grammatical correctness? What gave you that idea?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
10,856 Posts
ALEX325i said:

That's nothing compared to my gaffe... Dude, I'm gonna have to put up with a LOT of crap because of that one... That's fine though, at least now I know it's spelled LUDDITE... Plus, I don't have a problem "getting out of my own way"... ;)
At least English isn't your first language. :D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
DaveN323i said:
But guess what? I am also an editor for a publishing company.

ONLY in America :D

[Edit] Wait! I am into grammatical correctness? What gave you that idea?
That gave me that idea... Hadn't you mentioned your field of work before? :confused: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.