BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
but the company here, I feel, warrants the post.

Say a guy finds a '98 5-sp., Techno Violet/black E36 M3 sedan (somewhat rare) with 55+k on the clock for $33k and a '98 5-sp., white/Mulberry coupe with 18k on the clock for the same price. Let's also say the guy finds a Silver/black M3 sedan w/ the same specs and price with 43k on the clock.

Is the structural rigidity of the sedan over the coupe enough to sway this guy toward the sedan even though the mileage is much greater?

I don't have the numbers and need your thoughts please.

All 3 cars appear to be in excellent condition and I would expect to negotiate the price down on any of them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
bizzarro-ARCHER said:
but the company here, I feel, warrants the post.

Say a guy finds a '98 5-sp., Techno Violet/black E36 M3 sedan (somewhat rare) with 55+k on the clock for $33k ....
Are you in So Cal? My local MB dealer had one on his lot for about the same price....

G

·
IMO, silver/black sedan.

The mileage matters. And the sedans are more unique and practical than the coupes. Plus, as you mentioned, they are stiffer and, as you didn't mention, they weight less. And it'sgreat to have a sedan that can run with the best performance cars out there because it is one.

You know I prefer the looks of the techno violet but the silver would resell easier and, especially with respect to wear and tear on an M3, mileage really does matter. When I was test driving, the lower mileage cars still felt tight while the higher mileage cars (>~45K miles) were starting to feel spent.

Maybe you should hold off for one with less than 35K miles. They are out there, it just might take a little longer to find one.

And, if you are interested in either of the Oregon cars, go ask one of you Roadfly Lounge-ites to go check them out for you. Of contact the local CCA chapter and see if they can recommend someone to do so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you should say that.

And, if you are interested in either of the Oregon cars, go ask one of you Roadfly Lounge-ites to go check them out for you. Of contact the local CCA chapter and see if they can recommend someone to do so. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think OFFK might go look at them for me tomorrow.

The thing is, I am not in a hurry. I want out of the 4Runner, yes, and I want out badly but not at the expense of better judgement. I absolutely love the T-V/black combo but I agree, the silver would be the smarter play in this scenario.

I really do want a sedan and I have time to find the perfect fit. But judging from your last e-mail today, I can't depend on honest scouting from you.

Did you get my e-mail, you filthy vulture?:eeps:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: No, but I'm willing to travel.

bizzarro-ARCHER said:

I'm in Amarillo (Texas Panhandle) and my dealer almost never has them on the lot.

Any idea what the mileage is on the unit you mentioned?

Thanks.
Here's the link to their website, and the details on the car:
TV M3

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm in the market.

nate328Ci said:
I don't think that the mileage difference is worth it. Just get a X-brace and it should be fine. Considering an M3?

The Coupe looks MUCH better too ;)
I was taken with the RX-8 briefly, but it's wearing off.

Honestly, if the E46 M3 opened in two more places, I'd have one in the garage right now. The wife was fixated on a sedan and to her credit, it really is more practical.

I'm just sick of the 4Runner!

G

·
Re: Funny you should say that.

bizzarro-ARCHER said:

I think OFFK might go look at them for me tomorrow.

The thing is, I am not in a hurry. I want out of the 4Runner, yes, and I want out badly but not at the expense of better judgement. I absolutely love the T-V/black combo but I agree, the silver would be the smarter play in this scenario.

I really do want a sedan and I have time to find the perfect fit. But judging from your last e-mail today, I can't depend on honest scouting from you.

Did you get my e-mail, you filthy vulture?:eeps:
My car and I bonded over the weekend. So while I may talk of trading it on a "lower mileage" " flashier" copy, it ain't gonna happen.

In case you missed it, this is my car and I well into the bonding process-

I will admit, 10K miles and my favorite color combo is very appealing. But I was joking. I never even briefly considered it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Whatever!

TD said:

My car and I bonded over the weekend. So while I may talk of trading it on a "lower mileage" " flashier" copy, it ain't gonna happen.

In case you missed it, this is my car and I well into the bonding process-

I will admit, 10K miles and my favorite color combo is very appealing. But I was joking. I never even briefly considered it.
You were going to leave me for dead!

At 10k miles I'd be on my way to Oregon right now.

I actually might consider the silver one if I could negotiate the right price. I prefer the M Contours also.

BTW, I did see the pics and it looks like a blast. Nothing like getting on a track with experts to make you feel pathetic. I've had my a$$ spanked by many-a-pro on many-a-motocross track but it's the only true way to get faster, faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.