BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have this controller that I'm using for a break controller on my travel trailer and I have a very odd issue that occurs. The controller works great, until I put my blinker on. When the blinker blinks on the breaks apply, when it blinks off the breaks go off (stop/go/stop/go). Once the blinker is shut off it starts working properly again. I read a few things somewhere (that i can't find now) that said that the prodigy controller uses the blinker lights to activate the breaks, which seems like exactly what it's doing. Has anyone else run into this? I have a trip I'm supposed to take in a week and need to try to resolve this issue ASAP.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,334 Posts
Check every ground in the circuit....look for a weak link or brake in the circuit...

Has it ALWAYS done this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check every ground in the circuit....look for a weak link or brake in the circuit...

Has it ALWAYS done this?
This was my first time ever using/testing it. I just got the travel trailer and took it for a test run and that's what happened.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 105K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,704 Posts
Warranty??

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 105K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,704 Posts
Or installation workmanship.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or installation workmanship.
Yea i did call the company who did the wiring for the 7 way and installed the hitch....they are going to take a look at it on Thursday, but I wanted to see what i could dig up between now and then.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Tekonsha controller I use (just trailer lights, no brakes) needs to be put through a teaching procedure before it will work properly. If power is every disconnected from it the procedure needs to be redone.
Check the instruction manual and try going through this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Tekonsha controller I use (just trailer lights, no brakes) needs to be put through a teaching procedure before it will work properly. If power is every disconnected from it the procedure needs to be redone.
Check the instruction manual and try going through this.
interesting....i will need to double check this for sure because i don't think i did that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts