BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help my HU is displaying "telephone active" and none of the buttons response except I can only it on and off. Have been searching the internet for help with no luck?? Any idea how to fix this problem??

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,672 Posts
Have you rebooted your phone? Remove the battery while it is on and re-insert. This happened in my previous 335i once and it was the phone's issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Telephone active radio issue

I have exactly the same problem, I was using an iPad to play music through AUX plug, but on on the day the problem arose. All I can do is turn the radio on or off when on all I get is the telephone active message and the radio does not work!

·
Certified Car Nut
211 Posts
I have exactly the same problem, I was using an iPad to play music through AUX plug, but on on the day the problem arose. All I can do is turn the radio on or off when on all I get is the telephone active message and the radio does not work!
+1. I use blue tooth, and have seen this once in my 2+ years of ownership. I made sure everything was off, or at least out of range, and shut off the radio. All was better after the reboot.

·
BMW Fanatiker
211 Posts
I had this problem a while ago. Made me furious. Sometimes after I did not drive my car for a while it went back to normal. Then I would get a phone call and it would happen again. I love music so I ended up taking my phone off of bluetooth. Then I took my car in, and I haven't had a problem since. I feel for you:mad:

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,419 Posts
Hi there,
Did you finally manage to fix the telephone active problem? Even my car is basic model without telephone feature.

Appreciate your response in this case

Regards,
Might be tough to get a response. The person in question was a three post member, last posting on the issue 2.5 years ago. You might try sending a private message and hoping for a response that way.

Because you're asking, I assume you have a similar issue. Looking at the thread, a few questions present themselves:
  • Are you using the aux-in line?
  • Does turning your phone off have any effect?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.