Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I received a phone call at work and since I was away from my desk they left a voice-mail congratulating me on our new BMW 330i (which I still don't have in my possession). Is this normal practice by BMW NA? They have also asked me call back and be a part of a survey. Just curious what bimmerfesters opinions are.

ad2005:confused:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
ad2005 said:
All:

I received a phone call at work and since I was away from my desk they left a voice-mail congratulating me on our new BMW 330i (which I still don't have in my possession). Is this normal practice by BMW NA? They have also asked me call back and be a part of a survey. Just curious what bimmerfesters opinions are.

ad2005:confused:
Just do it!!!!!!! Good luck
cheers
vern

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vern said:
Just do it!!!!!!! Good luck
cheers
vern
Vern,

Sure I will fill the survey. I was wondering if all Bimmerfesters receive such phone calls even if they have not taken delivery of their cars. Kind of crazy to congratulate a person when he still doesn't have the car.

ad2005

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
ad2005 said:
All:

ad2005
That´s odd. When is your pick up in Germany scheduled for?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jspira said:
That´s odd. When is your pick up in Germany scheduled for?
Jspira,

We did ED on the 19th Dec. 05. The car has arrived on the Jingu Maru on the 16th Jan 06. We are awaiting word from our Dealer on its redelivery. I was expecting it to happen today, but no such luck. I understand that it maybe at VPC.
Kind of strange that BMW NA called almost a month after ED pickup but before redelivery.

ad2005

·
Freude am Fahren
19,687 Posts
You know I was wondering since I thought you had taken delivery.

Well, technically speaking the car is in your possession and has been since you picked it up. You are really shipping the car as a private importer (that´s why you signed a POA for the custom house broker).

So a phone call doing a survey makes sense.

However, as far as I know, it shouldn´t be a CSI call since there is no CSI on E.D.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a call for you to activate your BMW Assist. They called me to activate before I got my car redelivered (still haven't had redelivery, but gave the credit card number to activate BMW Assist about 2 weeks ago). They said that my year of BMW Assist would not start until I actually got in the car and pressed the button. I then got a letter telling me thanks for activating BMW assist and it would expire a year from that phone call, not from the actual redelivery of my car! The worst part is they give you 30 or 45 days to try out the BMW Concierge service, but I may not even have my car back by the time that expires!

If they call you to activate BMW Assist and you have not taken re-delivery. Tell them to take a hike! I'll have to call BMW Assist after I take redelivery to try and get them to change the expiration date so I get my full year of BMW Assist and I get my trial Concierge period.

·
Registered
55 Posts
While on the topic of surveys. Are you guys still getting surveys after service? Our X5 (still under warr) was in about 2 weeks ago and no survey?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts