BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 z4 with Nav and prem stereo. Bluetooth was working fine with Blackberry 8700 for 3 months. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped working and the "Telephone" icon is no longer shown in the main menu. Dealership was no help. Has this happened to anyone? And if so, was there a solution? Thanks.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
2006bmwz4 said:
I have a 2006 z4 with Nav and prem stereo. Bluetooth was working fine with Blackberry 8700 for 3 months. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped working and the "Telephone" icon is no longer shown in the main menu. Dealership was no help. Has this happened to anyone? And if so, was there a solution? Thanks.
The telephone icon means you have a missed call. Once you review the menu of missed calls the icon goes away.

Normally you should only see the bluetooth antenna and signals strength icons. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, i should have been more clear. I can no longer select "Telephone" from the main menu. The telephone function has disappeared from my car.

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
2006bmwz4 said:
Sorry, i should have been more clear. I can no longer select "Telephone" from the main menu. The telephone function has disappeared from my car.
The main menu is "Communications"

Do you mean the communications submenu?

At any rate, time to see the dealer.

·
866 Posts
chuck92103 said:
The main menu is "Communications"

Do you mean the communications submenu?

At any rate, time to see the dealer.
Chuck92103, the Z4 has a completely different NAV system than your 645. Yours has iDrive, Z4's do not. They are completely different. Do you actually own a Z4 that you're using to make these recommendations from?

·
Banned
8,650 Posts
dwaynemosley said:
Chuck92103, the Z4 has a completely different NAV system than your 645. Yours has iDrive, Z4's do not. They are completely different. Do you actually own a Z4 that you're using to make these recommendations from?
Ah, my bad. I thought the OP was talking about iDrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts