BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the restaurants?

Did I read that new owners can have a complimentary lunch at the mid-range restaurant? How does that work; do I need to ask for it?

How about the Michelin-starred fancy place? Anyone have dinner there? What did you think?

·
Registered
128 Posts
The premium lounge is airport lounge quality - drinks and snacks, soup, sausages. Not a high priority, just a place to wait for the main event.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with the airport lounge comparison, but think a decent business lounge like Lufthansa instead of a craptacular United or American lounge state side.

·
just a fool
119 Posts
It is definitely way better than United Club, the food variety, juice selection, and German beers, all free - unlike you have to pay for premium drinks at the United Club. Plus, they hand out chocolate treats as well. You can also go back the next day if you park the car overnight at the underground garage (for free). However, the food there is light, more snack like. So definitely no schnitzel or Schweinshaxe, if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
198 Posts
We actually ended up eating at the Welt premium lounge three times - once on pickup, the next day for when we visited the museum, and then two days later for the plant tour. The description of an airport lounge (a good one, like a Lufthansa Senator lounge is accurate - much, much better food than a United Club LOL! Traveling with three teenagers the food was very much appreciated!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Also they have very nice lockers at the premium lounge which is handy when doing either the museum or the plant tours. Put your stuff in, lock and take the key with you. We used that twice - handy, as they will tell you many times during the pickup that you should not leave your registration and insurance packet in the car.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
We actually ended up eating at the Welt premium lounge three times - once on pickup, the next day for when we visited the museum, and then two days later for the plant tour. The description of an airport lounge (a good one, like a Lufthansa Senator lounge is accurate - much, much better food than a United Club LOL! Traveling with three teenagers the food was very much appreciated!
We did this too. Great (free) German beer for two different days.

Day One
Morning - look around the Welt.
Eat in Premium lounge.
Take plant tour.
Eat in Premium lounge.
Tour museum.
Eat in Premium lounge.
They almost had to kick us out. :p

Day Two
Breakfast in Premium lounge
Pick up car

·
Leave gun. Take Canoli.
7,697 Posts
I think its definitely a step above airport lounges unless you are in one of the first class lounges. I go to the United lounges all the time and am sitting in an American lounge as I type. I've never seen weisswurst or free beer in either. You can essentially have a light meal in the premium lounge. Its snacks at best here in the airport lounge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How about the Michelin-starred fancy place? Anyone have dinner there? What did you think?
I have. Not worth it at all. Food is fine, but nothing spectacular. And service is really slooooow. Dinner there took around 4 hours with long waits.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me either. I like good restaurants but... not that much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We dined at EssZimmer. The food was excellent. But, it is a long dinner, 4 hours. We did the 8 course dinner that is why it took so long. I would suggest doing fewer courses. We sat next to the window overlooking the delivery area, so we got to see the cars being set up for the early next day pickups.

·
Registered
11 Posts
German is a beer country. Not known for its food.
Totally agreed. German is known for their cars and beer, not food. During our 2 weeks trip in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France, we concluded that Germany, Austria, and Switzerland food were just okay where Switzerland definitely a lot more expensive. France foods were excellent and cheaper and services in the restaurants were much better also! Nevertheless, we felt in love with the white sausage, Weisswurst, at the Welt. We never had it before and they were fresh, tasty, and not salty like sausages in the US. And lucky my wife saw how the people next to us eat them by cutting it and only eat the meat inside without the peel. Otherwise, we might have eaten it like other sausage.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Totally agreed. German is known for their cars and beer, not food. During our 2 weeks trip in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France, we concluded that Germany, Austria, and Switzerland food were just okay where Switzerland definitely a lot more expensive. France foods were excellent and cheaper and services in the restaurants were much better also! Nevertheless, we felt in love with the white sausage, Weisswurst, at the Welt. We never had it before and they were fresh, tasty, and not salty like sausages in the US. And lucky my wife saw how the people next to us eat them by cutting it and only eat the meat inside without the peel. Otherwise, we might have eaten it like other sausage.
Yes! We have Munich friends who have come with us to the Welt and taught us to peel the skin off the Weisswurst. Now I am so smart

1 - 15 of 15 Posts