BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefined hello everybody, im wondering on what I could get done to my car that isn't too expensive and still has pretty good horsepower to it... I already have the following idems: Dinan cold air intake, throttle body, exhaust, and stage II chip... what else could i do to my car that isn't too expensive and is nice.. thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Uh, yeah, "chuck manifold and get new one" We can file that one under the heading of cheap advice is worth what you pay for it.

1) Manifold does not just bolt up, so try Eurosport for a complete kit, along with the software.

2) Another option for you that will yield more power than the Dinan mods you list is the complete Eurosport Cam kit for OBD2...Available at Turner Motor sports.

3) Along with the cam kit, which btw includes the right manifold, fittings, cams, afm, cais etc. you can run a Dinan throttle body and a cat-back...add some under-drive pullies and you will have approx 300hp from that motor.

·
Registered
355 Posts
John Payne said:
Uh, yeah, "chuck manifold and get new one" We can file that one under the heading of cheap advice is worth what you pay for it.

1) Manifold does not just bolt up, so try Eurosport for a complete kit, along with the software.

2) Another option for you that will yield more power than the Dinan mods you list is the complete Eurosport Cam kit for OBD2...Available at Turner Motor sports.

3) Along with the cam kit, which btw includes the right manifold, fittings, cams, afm, cais etc. you can run a Dinan throttle body and a cat-back...add some under-drive pullies and you will have approx 300hp from that motor.
If you notice he say "inexpensive". What you are proposing require over $2K easily. Mine route is the cheapest and gain some HP.

The M50 manifold WILL BOLT up to the S52, ask me how I know. As for the plumbling of the vacuum hoses. Its a simple DIY and many sites offer on how to do it.

As for the software, you can get AA, JC, Dinan, etc... to reprogram your DME. But you really don't need it (though it would help).

I would have to agree with you, if he has tons of money to burn. Going with Eurosport kit would be the best way to go..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.