Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic is of the 04 shouldn't I be able to move it (phone BT module) to the 06...isn't it a matter of simply plug and play? Thanks again crew for your assist 20190202_123243.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727T using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
yes, remove the black big connector with the 2-3 small coax plugs of it. The tele module is just held down with 4 phillips screws. you also need to move over the BT antenna and probably microphone (by sunroof controls) that is if your 06 has the phone button on steering wheel?

·
BeeemerBro
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The tele module is just held down with 4 phillips screws. you also need to move over the BT antenna and probably microphone (by sunroof controls) that is if your 06 has the phone button on steering wheel?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah I was hoping someone would indicate the move...now I know you know what your talking about also Jeepo...where are the screws located I can't see them...at the corners? when I first looked I thought I saw clips. and the 06 does have the button on the steering wheel...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The module is fastened to a metal bracket. The bracket needs to be removed in order to get access to the tele module screws. The bracket is held with 4 screws in the corners look down deep, need a long phillips head screw driver to get to them. once you pull the bracket out with tele module, then you can separate the two

·
BeeemerBro
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The module is fastened to a metal bracket. The bracket needs to be removed in order to get access to the tele module screws. The bracket is held with 4 screws in the corners look down deep, need a long phillips head screw driver to get to them. once you pull the bracket out with tele module, then you can separate the two
Ahhh...can't wait for the weekend to do this surgery.

·
BeeemerBro
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Module transplanted from 04 to 06... come to find out there is no connection for the mic in 06. More research needed I suspect.

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts