BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 325i sedan with about 198,000 miles on it. Still runnin strong. I noticed for the past few days a loud belt like noise was comming from the engine. It went away so i thought nothing of it. Then today while i was on the beltway a loud clanking noise occured then i saw some piece fly from under my front left wheel and go tumbling down the beltway. I stoped and opened the hood and noticed that the wheel for the DRIVE BELT TENSIONER PULLEY was GONE!! I guess that was the piece that went flying. The car is still running and the belt still on but it looks like the belt is rubbing on a metal wheel like thing attached to the tensioner but the black pulley is gone. My question is that i obviously need to buy a new one but cant figure out exactly what i need. If i just need the pulley wheel itself or the whole tensioner with pulley?? The tensioner and all is still there but the wheel itself is gone. Do i need to replace the whole thing?? Can u guys help me out?? This is where i was looking

http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if i do need just the pulley whcih one do i need the 70mm or the 80mm. The 80mm is a Belt Deflection Roller Pulley and the 70mm is just a Belt Tensioner Pulley???

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
Wow I need a new tensioner pulley too, but mine hasn't flown off yet. Uhoh... it whines everymorning for a couple minutes, its been like that for a few months. Hmm..

Can you post a DIY when you get it done?

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts