BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
That is one beautiful car . . . it looks like a ton of fun to drive.

That is pretty cool that you guys got to meet . . . I'm in the states and haven't met a bimmerfest person but here you guys are from Germany & texas and you meet . . . pretty amazing !!

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Test drove a Z1 today

nate328Ci said:

I wasn't defending anything :dunno:

It is pretty obvious that a Z1 will be more fun, but my car doesn't feel like a truck compared to as Alex said, a "previous model BMW" That is a generalization that does not hold

I want a Z1 :dunno:

Maybe you haven't read my sig. :angel:
ok bud, I got the idea :thumb: :thumb:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
TD and Nate . . . let's understand something and let's be honest
First let me just so no offense to either of you guys because I like you both.

Tom - you are truly a person who has been burned by the E46 and you are on a mission to make sure we know it.
Whenever you get a chance to point out the E46's negatives you do it to an extreme and you don't give up.

Nate - You ALWAYS defend your 328 vs. any car. I admire your admiration and devotion to this car but you also go to an extreme. While the E46 is an incredible all around car you do not need to defend it so much . . . I know you well enough that your going to tell me you don't but this would be defensive.

TD & Nate . . . I usually back off when I feel you guys are getting upset but this is the way it is and I am not the only who would say this.

Why can't you both accept this and let's go on . . .

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Alan do you do family counseling in addition to your insurance business:dunno: That was well put and good advice:thumb:
lol . . . that's funny you say that because when running my business I feel like I need to be a mediator. Between trying to cool down office politics and clients that seem to always get upset you have no choice.

I also try to not put people on the defensive especially when I like and respect them. Nate and TD fall into this catagory . . .

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
nate328Ci said:

Good observations,

I probably should let most everything slide, but I thought this was a little to generalized. If Alex had said the Z1 made his car feel like a truck, I would be fine with that. But, he said ANY prior BMW model does, and this does not fit with my driving impressions of older BMWs, including my extensive E28 experience. I do like Tom's E36 M3, but he hates the E46 too much.
Cool Nate . . . :thumb: :thumb:

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Mark . . . congrats on the two cars, they are really beautiful . . . what are you going to do with them ??

Are you planning on selling one ?

Also, is it legal to drive one in the USA ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.