BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I went to dealer and tested base and logic 7.
First of all, I was surprised that base audio is not bad at all.
It's almost a same quality as my bose system. Maybe even better
Logic 7, It was a noticable difference, but not much...I mean not for extra $1200....
So, most likely, I'll skip a logic 7...........

· Registered
126 Posts
I've heard the base system is much improved. How would you rate it against prior BMWs?

When you tested the Logic 7, did you have DSP on? If so, in what mode?

· ---------
475 Posts
whippet said:
I've heard the base system is much improved. How would you rate it against prior BMWs?

When you tested the Logic 7, did you have DSP on? If so, in what mode?
I also tested L7 versus base. First I listened to music in base system for about 20 minutes. Then when I heard the same songs on L7 I immediately noticed a difference in the clarity of sound. The instruments sounded much more real and clean. There was some subtle surround with DSP but not a whole lot (perhaps my music was not suitable for L7 to decode into multiple channels). Nevertheless, the quality of the sound to me was very noticable. Perhaps it also depends what kind of music you listen. If it's "dance", I'm sure base system is enough but if you listen to classical, jazz, piano, orchestra etc, you will appreciate L7 a lot.

I also agree it's way overpriced for $1200 but I am glad I don't need to make this decision going with 330i.

· Registered
114 Posts
Greg220 said:
I also tested L7 versus base. First I listened to music in base system for about 20 minutes. Then when I heard the same songs on L7 I immediately noticed a difference in the clarity of sound. The instruments sounded much more real and clean. There was some subtle surround with DSP but not a whole lot (perhaps my music was not suitable for L7 to decode into multiple channels). Nevertheless, the quality of the sound to me was very noticable. Perhaps it also depends what kind of music you listen. If it's "dance", I'm sure base system is enough but if you listen to classical, jazz, piano, orchestra etc, you will appreciate L7 a lot.

I also agree it's way overpriced for $1200 but I am glad I don't need to make this decision going with 330i.
If you like the DSP effect, I'm pretty sure there's a way to increase it.

· Registered
19,647 Posts
$1200 could buy you a nice upgrade at your local stereo shop. But it's nice that it's standard on the 330i.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.