BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can test the vanos in my 2004 m3 smg? It has all the symptoms: vibrating, rough sounding, rattling. But I want to know for sure that its the vanos before I drop 1800 on a new system from dr. vanos. I would take it to the dealership but every time I do they find nothing wrong with it and send me away 150$ lighter. Please any advice will help!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is there any way I can test the vanos in my 2004 m3 smg? It has all the symptoms: vibrating, rough sounding, rattling. But I want to know for sure that its the vanos before I drop 1800 on a new system from dr. vanos. I would take it to the dealership but every time I do they find nothing wrong with it and send me away 150$ lighter. Please any advice will help!
Try to service it first!!
It's funny but looks Like BMW recommends to service vanos every 30k miles. I mean that small filter with o-rings on the valve plus plate with orings. Nobody knows this, and may be that's why it fails prematurely due to low pressure inside vanos unit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.