BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

This is Usama from Orange County, CA. I'm here because my wife received an unexpected invitation last December from Cadillac: www.drivesummit.com

She was being asked to try out their cars on courses set up on the runways of the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station. They would also supply various vehicles that compete with Cadillac that could be driven on the same courses. Finally, all attendees would receive some exclusive mystery gift just for attending, which was the final enticement we needed to accept the invitation.

The event had three separate courses, for compact/medium sedans, large sedans/coupes, and SUV's. We spent most of our time in the first group, which allowed us to compare the Cadillac CTS, Mercedes C-Class, Lexus ES, and a BMW 3-series. It was an interesting grouping of cars, and I wonder what process Cadillac marketing folks used to narrow down the list, eliminating from contention cars such as the Acura TL, Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Volvo S60, and some model of Lincoln.

After driving the circuit in each car, it didn't take long to realize that all four (including the Cadillac) are very good, albeit in different ways. But when the criteria is simply "How does it drive?", the 3-series was clearly on top. My wife only drive the Lexus and BMW, but came to the same conclusion. My second time around, I started thinking how great it would be to drive one on a daily basis, not just when invited by Cadillac.

It's been a long nine month gestation since that late afternoon on the runway when the Cadillac staffer said it was getting too dark for me to take the BMW out for a third time and we had to head home. On the way out we had to fill out some surveys and then we were presented with our promised gifts: black baseball caps with the Cadillac crest.

This week the status of my Monace Blue 330i on the Vehicle Ordering website has just been updated from Schedule for Production to Completed Production, and we still have a month to go until we arrive in Munich to pick it up.

Anyone need 2 baseball caps? Never worn.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,358 Posts
usama said:
Hello,

This is Usama from Orange County, CA. I'm here because my wife received an unexpected invitation last December from Cadillac: www.drivesummit.com

She was being asked to try out their cars on courses set up on the runways of the former El Toro Marine Corps Air Station. They would also supply various vehicles that compete with Cadillac that could be driven on the same courses. Finally, all attendees would receive some exclusive mystery gift just for attending, which was the final enticement we needed to accept the invitation.

The event had three separate courses, for compact/medium sedans, large sedans/coupes, and SUV's. We spent most of our time in the first group, which allowed us to compare the Cadillac CTS, Mercedes C-Class, Lexus ES, and a BMW 3-series. It was an interesting grouping of cars, and I wonder what process Cadillac marketing folks used to narrow down the list, eliminating from contention cars such as the Acura TL, Infiniti G35, Audi A4, Volvo S60, and some model of Lincoln.

After driving the circuit in each car, it didn't take long to realize that all four (including the Cadillac) are very good, albeit in different ways. But when the criteria is simply "How does it drive?", the 3-series was clearly on top. My wife only drive the Lexus and BMW, but came to the same conclusion. My second time around, I started thinking how great it would be to drive one on a daily basis, not just when invited by Cadillac.

It's been a long nine month gestation since that late afternoon on the runway when the Cadillac staffer said it was getting too dark for me to take the BMW out for a third time and we had to head home. On the way out we had to fill out some surveys and then we were presented with our promised gifts: black baseball caps with the Cadillac crest.

This week the status of my Monace Blue 330i on the Vehicle Ordering website has just been updated from Schedule for Production to Completed Production, and we still have a month to go until we arrive in Munich to pick it up.

Caps:flame: BTW, welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. :thumbup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I felt the same way when I attended a Lexus driving event. The 330i just felt better. It may not have been as quick as the IS350, but it was more solid and handled much better. BMW makes great cars. (i'm actually on my 2nd now!) Welcome!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,316 Posts
Nice review, thanks for sharing. Welcome to the `Fest!!!!

Regards,
Bob

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts
Fast Bob said:
Nice review, thanks for sharing. Welcome to the `Fest!!!!

Regards,
Bob
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
usama said:
:thumbup:

Welcome to the 'fest!

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST! Glad to have you join us! :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome!!!

Welcome to Bimmerfest Forums. :hi: I hope you enjoy the site!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts