Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike some other ppl (no need to mention any names), Mr. & Mrs. Hack just popped in to say hello...

I took a couple of pics in the Cutter Motors Circle of Doom!
:D

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather on this holiday.

It's about 90 degrees with clear skies.

I am surrounded by new BMWs are car salesmen...

:yikes:

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Ouch . . .

surrounded by car salesmen in the Circle of Doom :yikes:

Gee, nate, you may never live it down (unless you attend a B'fest :D )

Speaking of visiting Cutter Motors, Jon could you let myself and the Z series board know of any Z4 preview events if you have any there?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Ouch . . .

scottn2retro said:
surrounded by car salesmen in the Circle of Doom :yikes:

Gee, nate, you may never live it down (unless you attend a B'fest :D )

Speaking of visiting Cutter Motors, Jon could you let myself and the Z series board know of any Z4 preview events if you have any there?
Will do...

Check out the Hackmobile btw.

I actually got to drive it.
:D

I gotta git me one of them "short-shifter thingys"...

Attachments

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Jon Shafer said:
A nice pic of Mr. & Mrs. Hack...
OMG Jon you managed to snap a picture of me where I don't look like a f**king bloated whale. Good job. ;)

SB was a blast, as usual...Probably one of the more romantic places near Southern California.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
The HACK said:

OMG Jon you managed to snap a picture of me where I don't look like a f**king bloated whale. Good job. ;)

SB was a blast, as usual...Probably one of the more romantic places near Southern California.
Yeah, but did Jon get your wife to trade in her car on a roadster? :D

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Hack---

You spend all that money on a body kit and then cover it up with an ugly bra?? :dunno:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
JPinTO said:
Hack---

You spend all that money on a body kit and then cover it up with an ugly bra?? :dunno:
Product Evaluation.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
scottn2retro said:

Yeah, but did Jon get your wife to trade in her car on a roadster? :D
They didn't have one with a red top available. ;)

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
The HACK said:

They didn't have one with a red top available. ;)
:lmao:

Did they have any roadsters there still, and if so was she checking them out? Also, did she fill out the Z4 Ignite YOur Senses card and send it in for a test drive appointment? :D

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
scottn2retro said:

:lmao:

Did they have any roadsters there still, and if so was she checking them out? Also, did she fill out the Z4 Ignite YOur Senses card and send it in for a test drive appointment? :D
She's not 100% sold on the Z4...It's all about seeing it in person for her I think...Seeing your Z3 got her blood boiling. :dunno:

I don't know what her thing is with Roadsters...We started dating when I was driving my 1.9l.

We'll see when the MZ4 comes out. Maybe if we're still DINKs then I'll trade hers in for an MZ4 and mine in for an M3. :dunno:

Jon did have a Ti. Silver/Black M Roadster on the lot though. Beauty.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
JPinTO said:

Ok!! Remove it QUICK! :D
After living with the car bra for almost a month now, I actually don't mind it that much.

Installation/removal was easy and quick. 5 minutes tops...The only problem is that you need a clean and dry surface to install it on, otherwise the dirt trapped underneath the bra will scratch your paint. I SpeedShined it before installing.

First installation was a bit of a struggle because the bungee cords and the "vinyl" material will conform to the contours of your car after a few days...But before you'll need to really stretch the bra to get it to fit.

I've experimented on swapping between my car and my wife's car from week to week. I don't particularly like it on my car, but on my wife's car (sans aerokit) it made the vehicle appear a little more "aggressive", with the airdam blacked out by the mask. Also, I think red is a much better contrast with black than blue is...In color theory, we're taught red is "closer" than blue in 3D color space, thus farther away from black (a deep blue/black is the deepest color, if my memory serves). The only problem is my aerokit bumper has stretched out the vinyl material a little so that the bottom does not fit right...There's a little bit of slack on her car.

Since it is SO incredibly easy to put it on/off, I think this is a better investiment than getting say, expel or stoneguard, especially if said protection will stretch your wallet. I put it on now for long trips or for my wife's car since she drives on the 605/710 most of the time...Notorious gravel traps because of the quarry on the 605/10 interchange.

My Colgan Custom Bra report.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
The HACK said:

She's not 100% sold on the Z4...It's all about seeing it in person for her I think...Seeing your Z3 got her blood boiling. :dunno:

I don't know what her thing is with Roadsters...We started dating when I was driving my 1.9l.

We'll see when the MZ4 comes out. Maybe if we're still DINKs then I'll trade hers in for an MZ4 and mine in for an M3. :dunno:

Jon did have a Ti. Silver/Black M Roadster on the lot though. Beauty.
My advice: If you really are going to get one and it's for her, get a great deal on the S54 M Roady, instead of MSRP plus for the Z4. :D (But then you'll want to drive it)

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I'm thinking of getting one myself
Highly recommend it if you do a good amount of long driving, or through very buggy areas. Since installation/removal is so quick and simple, I usually just take it off once I got to the destination. I left it on because we were leaving SB to go back to L.A., and decided I must visit Jon before we go.

Anyway, anyone interested in going up to S.B. when Alex bandwagon gets to L.A.?

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
The HACK said:
Highly recommend it if you do a good amount of long driving, or through very buggy areas. Since installation/removal is so quick and simple, I usually just take it off once I got to the destination. I left it on because we were leaving SB to go back to L.A., and decided I must visit Jon before we go.
I totally agree with Dan here. I bought the bra for trips to TO or NYC and it really helps keep the front of the car chip and bug free. It is really easy to remove/install. I don't remember if Dan said what type his is, but mine is the Colgan. Best fitting aftermarket bra IMO.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
scottn2retro said:

My advice: If you really are going to get one and it's for her, get a great deal on the S54 M Roady, instead of MSRP plus for the Z4. :D (But then you'll want to drive it)
Not in the plans for the near future...My car would be paid off in 2 more years...That is the earliest we can plan on buying another car. I figure these two cars are going to HAVE to be good enough for about 150K miles the way we drive...And that's going to be another 5-8 years before we're ready to trade either one in, unless she's got a really bad case of Roadster envy.

That is also why I'm not holding the tech session at my house this time...God knows, she might steal your key and just take off with the M Roadster if she's got a chance. :lmao:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts