Discussion Starter #2
We shared is some great food & wine, and recalled lots
of fond message board memories...

:p

It's been one hell of a year for David, a New Yorker,
who has been working on analyzing steel from
the World Trade Center since 9/11.

Now I am looking forward to when I can visit
"The Big Apple" myself (never been there).

Hope that you had an uneventful trip home Ausgang!

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Jon.......are you going to blame the camera for those red eyes....

:dunno:

Mike

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gr8330 said:
Jon.......are you going to blame the camera for those red eyes....

:lmao:

We did manage consume several bottles of Chardonnay
come to think of it...

:p

·
BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
794 Posts
Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

Clem said:
I always pictured him much younger. (Aus) :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
First, a quick reply to Clem. I'll take that statement as a complement! Actually, Jon and I were both raised in exactly the same era. We even both toured through Europe the same year after college it turns out. Jon surfs, I sail. We both were into American muscle cars before the Bimmer bug bit.

-----------------------

Now, to Jon. Thanks again for pointing Henry and I to some good eateries. The Palace Cafe was great. We needed something to look forward to other than hanging out at the Engineering convention . . . . looking for free pocket-protectors or trading bad jokes.

Special thanks for taking an evening away from your time with the kids to accompany us to a fine eatery. My dish was perfect, and the wine and conversation was great.

I don't know how to break this to the board --- but everyone already knows how beautiful Jon's wife is thanks to his pictures he posts ---- but what they don't know is she's even twice as sweet. A real genuine nice person.

It's always tough to be away from home and the kids for an extended period, but thanks to Jon it was a whole lot easier. After meeting Jon I seriously think a cross-country trip to buy my next Bimmer is a possibility. I think the adventure would be fun.

Maybe Jon can help me push BMW into producing a next-gen 3er with a 6spd and the V8 from the 7er in a four door sedan with a 3.46 locking diff, LeMans Blue paint, factory CAI, M-tuned suspension . . . . :thumbup:

. . . now that's a dream I can work on.

Cheers Jon!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

Ausgang said:
I don't know how to break this to the board --- but everyone already knows how beautiful Jon's wife is thanks to his pictures he posts ---- but what they don't know is she's even twice as sweet. A real genuine nice person.
Aw shucks Ausgang! I know that she'll be reading this;
she will probably still be blushing when I get home this
evening...

Btw, I do hope to take you up on your offer of a tour of
New York City some time (soon)!!

Actually, I can't wait...

:D

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts

Ausgang said:

...snip...

...snip...

You know what they say about "behind every great man..."

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

Jon Shafer said:

Aw shucks Ausgang! I know that she'll be reading this;
she will probably still be blushing when I get home this
evening...

Btw, I do hope to take you up on your offer of a tour of
New York City some time (soon)!!

Actually, I can't wait...

:D
Uh oh Mrs. Shafer monitors this board:eek: Better be careful what we say :angel:

Seriously, if an East Coast trip is in the cards Jon, I'm sure a few of us PA guys and Alee would love the opportunity to convene as well:thumbup: Al owes my a NYC tour as well :)

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

PM 325xiT said:

Uh oh Mrs. Shafer monitors this board. Better be careful what we say.

Seriously, if an East Coast trip is in the cards Jon, I'm sure a few of us PA guys and Alee would love the opportunity to convene as well. Al owes my a NYC tour as well.
Sounds like a plan to me!!

I look forward to the day.....

:thumbup:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

Jon Shafer said:

Sounds like a plan to me!!

I look forward to the day.....

:thumbup:
Excellent, and when I hit CA I won't do a Nate and drive right by your exit without stopping in to say "Hi!" :tsk:

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

PM 325xiT said:

Excellent, and when I hit CA I won't do a Nate and drive right by your exit without stopping in to say "Hi!" :tsk:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts

The HACK said:

You know what they say about "behind every great man..."
I'm sorry, but reading that just makes me think of a particularly nasty scene with Ralphie and Janice in the latest "Sopranos." :yikes: :eek:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thank you Jon and to your wife as well

Plaz said:

I'm sorry, but reading that just makes me think of a particularly nasty scene with Ralphie and Janice in the latest "Sopranos." :yikes: :eek:
:lmao: :lmao:

Where do you think her thumb was :dunno: :yikes:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Ausgang said:
First, a quick reply to Clem. I'll take that statement as a complement! Actually, Jon and I were both raised in exactly the same era. We even both toured through Europe the same year after college it turns out. Jon surfs, I sail. We both were into American muscle cars before the Bimmer bug bit.
LOL Aus I was also into Muscle cars as well but I think I'm an era or 2 too late to enjoy the fun you 2 hippies had. :lmao: J/K

btw: Aus remember the whole issue with the M3 mirrors you had SO SO long ago on Fanatics hence you buying the ACS ones? Well that issue was solved. All that's required is drilling an extra hole for the base.

Anyways it's nice to see you around. Too bad I missed you when I was in NYC but I didn't know how to contact you.

Funny how we had a huge thread on Fanatics a few weeks ago reminiscing the OLD days, I remember you being a part of them. Good Times Good Times. :)

·
BMW-Porsche-Mustang-Nut
794 Posts

Clem said:

. . . nice to see you around. Too bad I missed you when I was in NYC but I didn't know how to contact you.

Funny how we had a huge thread on Fanatics a few weeks ago reminiscing the OLD days, I remember you being a part of them. Good Times Good Times. :)

Clem,

No excuses next time! :eeps: email my man, that's the ticket. ;) As long as they'll let me, I'll be keeping my [email protected] address. :thumbup: Easy enough to remember if you're ever down this way again.

I would wager the best tourguides in NYC are the people who have friends come in regularly that want to be shown around. It seems you learn a lot more about your own city when you see it through the eyes of others.

Sorry I missed the reminiscing on fanatics. There was a time when that was the only haven from the din at .org. Now, of course we have a civil board, a mod board, and whatever the .org board has morphed into.

·
Natural optical phenomena
123 Posts
Ausgang's prose on 9/11

Unless I am grossly in error, I recall that Ausgang wrote a poignant missive a few days after 9/11 describing his all too close, first- hand observation of the tragic events . We were all concerned about Ausgang's safety, as many of us knew he worked in downtown Manhattan. He re-emerged a few days later, reacting to our collective concerns, with a superbly written narative.

His description, posted on the other site, touched me with his devotion to his family, his engineers early concern regarding the WTC stability, and his oservations of how the people of New York that he saw, reacted to the events.

Ausgang, thank you for your contributions!

Golly, I hope I am remembering the right person!

JPherit

:) :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Wishes he had an XBoX
212 Posts
ahhh..thats ausgang? cool!! i remember bugging you about how you managed to purchase TB in sedan form a couple of years back...good man! thanks for tips!:thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts