BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been thinking this all day. Last night I marked up a copy of your Bluebee E39 DIYs to help organize all the information collected from this incredible forum.

I started reading this forum after my shop spent weeks fumbling around with my leaking doors and not repairing the vapor barriers. The information here so clearly explained the problem and helped me fix it the right way. I'm not accustomed to having better information than the mechanics. Yesterday I was able to test and repair the secondary air system. At 80,000 miles I'm getting ready to replace the water pump, fan clutch and fan, belts, pulleys, tensioners, alternator, power steering reservoir and hoses (the radiator and coolant tank are new). The things I understand about this car are catching up on the things I don't.

Having an organized list of what fails when is invaluable. Much better than the service schedule and "lifetime fluids".

Anyway, I'm very grateful, not just for the wealth of information and experience here, but for the amazing job you do, keeping it current and accessible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
+1 to all of the above. I replaced my power steering reservoir, hose clamps, and flushed the system using the guides you'd put together with great success. I don't think I would have been able to otherwise.

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
Bee is a very respected member here. Wouldn't be what it is without her

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
633 Posts
i wanna say thanks to a certain person who likes to chime in to most posts with links...im not sure if this "certain" person just wants to be a "voice heard" but this person has helped organized the info stream into this section of the forum...

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
It is certainly nice to see deserving people get recognized for their contributions by the folks that receive the benefits. This individual must spend a LOT of time cataloging the vast array of information on this forum and many (myself included) have found this work to be very helpful. More importantly, the organization of this historical knowledge is a former gap in this forum that is now being addressed. However, this opinion does not appear to be universal across all forum members. See this recent thread: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533325 Oh well. Can't please everyone. And this post is not intended to slight the OP of that thread. Bottom line, this is the Internet and everyone is entitled to post their thoughts, opinions and/or comments. People can say whatever they want to say and we all take the good with the bad. Given that participation on this forum is entirely voluntary, I like to see it when people express their appreciation for the efforts of others. This encourages future additional contributions. So cheers to all who spend their valuable time and effort to help others. :beerchug:

·
Older than old school
4,461 Posts
...Given that participation on this forum is entirely voluntary, I like to see it when people express their appreciation for the efforts of others. This encourages future additional contributions. So cheers to all who spend their valuable time and effort to help others. :beerchug:
Exactamundo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts