BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board and this is my first post. About three weeks ago, I bought a 2007 328xi that was in excellent condition and well taken care of. Then... Tuesday it started to run like crap and each day progressively got worse. So, I scheduled an appointment for Monday at a local BMW shop that does excellent work as I have used them in the past.

However, finally, Friday it threw a code and the check engine came on.

I do have a code reader (not BMW Specific, but will get one soon) and pulled a code p0305.

I did a search on this board for that code and there was a ton of posts that I found very very helpful. Based on these posts, I determined a course of action (replace the coil for cylinder 5 and add a bottle of Techron). If that didn't fix it, I would clean the MAF sensor and pull the plug for cyl 5 and examine.

I am happy to report that replacing the coil solved the issue and my car is back to running like a top.

So, again, THANKS to all who post on this board as it saved me a ton of money and time at the shop.

·
Registered
211 Posts
For dependability I would recommend replacing all the coils after the first one died, once one failed the others are surly not far behind

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts