BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And I took a good look at this model that, well costs about US$90. All I can say is if there is only ONE model you have to buy this year, make it the 1/18 M3 ALMS GTR. Model still in box, hence I can't take pics of the Brembo calipers...

Some highlights:

1. Engine detail is fabulously real. It is a miniaturised version of the V8. See the CF-like material on the intake? Not some cheap cover as seen on some earlier UT models.

2. There are wires in the trunk and the fuel pipings. And yes they use real fabric material for the seat belt harness.

3. And yes, Brembo six-pot calipers too.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opps...I got this too. :D Bet no one has this. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!!! :p I told BMW that I did a track session at ButtonWillow and was wondering if that could be counted as a formal BMW Fahrer-Training session. And here it is.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mines on order. The guy at my dealer was thrilled that I came in with the PN. He ordered four of them. I think he will buy one himself.

I'll post a picture when it comes in.

Thanks, Vince. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Steve,

Glad to hear that. ;)

I bet he will be interested in that 25year model I have. That is a hush-hush that not a lot of dealers know.

SteveT said:
Mines on order. The guy at my dealer was thrilled that I came in with the PN. He ordered four of them. I think he will buy one himself.

I'll post a picture when it comes in.

Thanks, Vince. :thumbup:

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
Hi Vince,

Would you be able to obtain more of those BMW drivers trainning phoenix yellow M3s in 1:43 scale? I was bidding one on ebay.de and lost it in the last 10 second (damn ebay bidders :mad: ) If so, I'm really interested in getting one. (or will you sell yours to me? :D ) Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:p

Btw, I didn't win that from the German ebay. Wasn't me. Got it as a free gift from my supplier. Last heard it's out of stock at BMW AG. :D

Toast said:
Hi Vince,

Would you be able to obtain more of those BMW drivers trainning phoenix yellow M3s in 1:43 scale? I was bidding one on ebay.de and lost it in the last 10 second (damn ebay bidders :mad: ) If so, I'm really interested in getting one. (or will you sell yours to me? :D ) Let me know, thanks!

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Vince. Do you know of any other way of getting this model other than ebay? You mentioned its "out of stock at BMW AG", does it mean that, I can order it myself if I have the part number? Please let me know, thanks! :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts