BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well, if that car makes you jealous, you bought the wrong car. Personally, I wouldn't drive one if you forced me to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
800 Posts
TD said:
Well, if that car makes you jealous, you bought the wrong car. Personally, I wouldn't drive one if you forced me to.
Well, he bought the convertible, so that tells you something.
 

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
Joined
·
11,578 Posts
TD said:
Well, if that car makes you jealous, you bought the wrong car. Personally, I wouldn't drive one if you forced me to.
I agree. You have the better car. Maybe not most expensive, but better. Newer does not always mean better- except for that new car smell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
PropellerHead said:


I agree. You have the better car. Maybe not most expensive, but better. Newer does not always mean better- except for that new car smell.
Well, I don´t know if a 330 is a better car than a S500. The 330 surely is more fun but better?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
20,151 Posts
PropellerHead said:
I agree. You have the better car. Maybe not most expensive, but better. Newer does not always mean better- except for that new car smell.
That is easy to fix:

Buy a bottle of "Fresh New Car Scent" from Pep Boys ... :D

When I took my car in for oil service in September, the service manager asked me "why does your car smell so new inside?". Oh well. I hope it works at trade in time!

Patrick
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
I've put a few thousand miles on an S55 AMG. Frankly, every time I get back into my xiT I feel a lot happier. The S55 isn't as smooth, doesn't handle as well (although it has a good deal more grip and can corner harder), and it has a slushbox. I get SO tired driving auto in traffic.

Oh yeah, and the current generation S Class back seat is horrible. :p I'd almost prefer to travel in the back seat of an E36. (Except for the necrosis bit in the legs.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I've put a few thousand miles on an S55 AMG. Frankly, every time I get back into my xiT I feel a lot happier. The S55 isn't as smooth, doesn't handle as well (although it has a good deal more grip and can corner harder), and it has a slushbox. I get SO tired driving auto in traffic.

Oh yeah, and the current generation S Class back seat is horrible. :p I'd almost prefer to travel in the back seat of an E36. (Except for the necrosis bit in the legs.)
How could you possibly say that you're happier when you get into your 3-series xiT, as opposed to a Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG? That makes absolutely no sense, I'd take an S55 AMG over my E46 anyday.

And you'd prefer to travel in the backseat of an E36 as opposed to an S-Class? My brother has a 2001 S500...and its like riding in a limo in the back seat of it....You're whole post makes absolutely no sense to me. :tsk:
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:


How could you possibly say that you're happier when you get into your 3-series xiT, as opposed to a Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG? That makes absolutely no sense, I'd take an S55 AMG over my E46 anyday.

And you'd prefer to travel in the backseat of an E36 as opposed to an S-Class? My brother has a 2001 S500...and its like riding in a limo in the back seat of it....You're whole post makes absolutely no sense to me. :tsk:
Seems clear to me. Apparently Nick is an enthusiast and you are not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
PropellerHead said:


I agree. You have the better car. Maybe not most expensive, but better. Newer does not always mean better- except for that new car smell.
330 better than an S500.....hmmm. I dunno about that. But I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in a car. I mean if you are looking for performance and have an extra $120K+ laying around, I wouldn't have necessarily bought a S500. Maybe a Ferrari Modena.

If you are looking for luxury and class, then sorry to say the S500 beats the 330 hands down. But aren't we comparing apples to oranges?
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:


How could you possibly say that you're happier when you get into your 3-series xiT, as opposed to a Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG? That makes absolutely no sense, I'd take an S55 AMG over my E46 anyday.

And you'd prefer to travel in the backseat of an E36 as opposed to an S-Class? My brother has a 2001 S500...and its like riding in a limo in the back seat of it....You're whole post makes absolutely no sense to me. :tsk:
Actually, the S55 is less refined than my E46. :p And the S Class backseat gives me back aches thanks to its recliner like seating position. Moreover, the mushy brakes make the slushbox even more fristrating to drive. Standing on the brakes is TIRING in traffic. And I hate the seats. Front of back, they suck! They're made for short people. (Which is probably why my Mother loves her S55. The seat is jsut about right for her 5'3" frame.)

For what it is, the S55 is a blast. It is NOT an E46 substitute, however. Not even close.

If someone offered me one or the other, I'd surely take the AMG. But I certainly wouldn't keep it. It would be a fine time for an M5 and a Z4. :D
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
10chi said:

If you are looking for luxury and class, then sorry to say the S500 beats the 330 hands down. But aren't we comparing apples to oranges?
The current S-Class is a step backwards from the previous generation as far as luxury goes. :p
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

If someone offered me one or the other, I'd surely take the AMG. But I certainly wouldn't keep it. It would be a fine time for an M5 and a Z4. :D
Agree, though I would want to modify the M5 a bit :D

The 745i has amazing seats. MBs are quite diappoinging from a driving perspective. Go drive an E55 back to back with the M5. No comparison.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
10,856 Posts
nate328Ci said:


Agree, though I would want to modify the M5 a bit :D

The 745i has amazing seats. MBs are quite diappoinging from a driving perspective. Go drive an E55 back to back with the M5. No comparison.
I have to admit that I sat in a 745 the other day. The interior is pretty damned nice. I still hate the eyebrows!

E55 vs. M5 is a slushie vs. stick comparison. :p It would be no contest if the M5 were twice as heavy. :p
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top