BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding the 530d sport a little thirtsy on the old juice - any thing i can do to get better milage on the motor if anyone knows of anything..

many thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've noticed the same. Switching off aircon, dump unnecessary junk in the boot and drivin' 10mph slower than normal ! Doesn't sound like fun though as those Nissan Micras go flying by !

·
2007 550i, '13 X5, '02 X5
691 Posts
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting? I'm getting 28mpg pure highway and 17mpg pure city with a combined 22mpg in 70/30 highway/city driving. There's probably nothing you can do to improve your mileage besides parking her and walking. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
What kind of fuel mileage are you guys getting? I'm getting 28mpg pure highway and 17mpg pure city with a combined 22mpg in 70/30 highway/city driving. There's probably nothing you can do to improve your mileage besides parking her and walking. :(
I'm getting much better than that, but almost all my driving is motorway (probably 90%). OBC currently showing 40.9 mpg, but I'm not really pushing the car hard at all apart from the odd indulgence. Definately much worse around town though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts