BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Best Car Products I have ever used

2743 23
I have always taken good care of my vehicles. I have always waxed them by hand but still the shine did not "pop" and they had scratches in some areas. My "family vehicle" is a 2007 Lincoln Navigator that certainly was in worse shape paint wise than my 7 with hauling the kids to games and such. So I contacted the Detailed Image and they made some recommendations that I tried today. I am simply amazed at how great these products did on my black Navigator. The paint looks better and is certainly "slicker" to the touch than any paint I have ever had on a vehicle (even new ones).

I bought a Porter Cable 7424XP buffer and found it simple to use. These are the steps I completed today.

1) Washed vehicle
2) Clay Barred with Mothers Showtime.
3)Polished with Blackfire SRC Compound and a Green Lake Country pad.
4)Polished with Menzrma SF 4500 and a Black Lake Country pad.
5)Sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond All Purpose Paint Sealant (this is deepens the shine and makes the paint so slick.

Tomorrow I will put on one more coat of sealant and then I will put on a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Wax.

If you have a black car, I highly recommend these products. Blackfire's advertisement says "Don't turn heads, create Whiplash. This stuff is the bomb. It is super shiny and extremely slick to the touch. I am not affiliated with any of the companies listed. I am just a regular guy and a member here. Wanted to share. Would work great on any color paint but awesome on black vehicles.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Blackfire wet diamond is AMAZING! I use it on my cars and love it! Easy to apply and take off and it lasts quite a long time as well!
Do you just use the wet diamond sealer or do you put a coat of wax on top? How long does it last. I can't believe how slick this stuff is and how easy it was to apply and remove. Great stuff!
Blackfire wet diamond is AMAZING! I use it on my cars and love it! Easy to apply and take off and it lasts quite a long time as well!
I've heard a lot of people like it by itself, but a carnauba for a deeper warmer effect wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately, I still have plenty of Meguiar's NXT 2.0 TechWax (best OTC sealant) and Meguiar's 26 Yellow Wax to use.
Do you just use the wet diamond sealer or do you put a coat of wax on top? How long does it last. I can't believe how slick this stuff is and how easy it was to apply and remove. Great stuff!
I have a bunch of wax on the shelf also but this stuff is my new love in car care!
Looks great! Must have been a lot of work on that big truck. Beautiful neighborhood as well.
I wash the car with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and then put 2x coats of this on every 2-3 weeks. Every few months I'll do the claybar and polishing and seal it with the Blackfire, and once a year I do heavy detailing with clay, decontamination wash (Iron X/Cut) a compounding where necessary, polish & Chemical polish, then another wash and then sealed with Zaino or Blackfire
Thanks. It was a lot of work and took me about 12 hours. I was very picky with the polishing however which added to the time. The one picture is the neighborhood reflected in the door. I really wasn't trying to show the neighborhood but thanks for the compliment. We love living here in Kentucky. There is a country feel and openness but close to everything you need shopping wise.
Looks great! Must have been a lot of work on that big truck. Beautiful neighborhood as well.
Thanks for the tips. I bought some Blackfire Wax to go over the sealant but am having second thoughts since I think I will lose some of the "slickness" of the sealant. I love the way the paint feels after using the sealant.
I wash the car with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss and then put 2x coats of this on every 2-3 weeks. Every few months I'll do the claybar and polishing and seal it with the Blackfire, and once a year I do heavy detailing with clay, decontamination wash (Iron X/Cut) a compounding where necessary, polish & Chemical polish, then another wash and then sealed with Zaino or Blackfire
blackfire wax...

where can I find the Blackfire wax? Im in Tampa, FL. is it in the major auto parts stores?
Go to the Detailed Image online. It is not sold in stores as far as I know. It is manufactured and distributed by : Palm Beach Motoring Group in Stuart, Florida. You might try contacting them also. You won't be disappointed.
where can I find the Blackfire wax? Im in Tampa, FL. is it in the major auto parts stores?
Thanks wjjklj, I go to that website right now...good looking out!!!
I've used lots of different waxes over the years, but never tried Blackfire. Most recently used Duragloss, wet shine, lasts 6 months.
I'd love to find a good mobile detailer here in the Boca Raton area, anyone know of one?
I just bought a bunch of stuff from detailed image, looking forward to taking the car off the road for a week for a proper detail. FYI they have a sale on lake country pads right now.
I can't wait to use this on my 7. It shouldn't take as long since there is less body to clean. Key steps in my opinion are the clay bar to start with a clean surface and the Blackfire SRC compound. The compound is similar to a 2000 grit sanding and removes fine scratches and swirls. The really killer product is the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. It makes the paint slick as ice.

I put another coat of the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant on today. I did not wax over top of the sealant because I did not want to lose the slick feel on the paint. Not sure if this is a mistake or not. I also rotated the tires and used a powerball to polish the chrome wheels. The truck turned out looking awesome. It is almost 6 years old and it looks brand new. Here are some finished pictures:

Attachments

Just spent about 15 hours over the last two days detailing my 7 with the method I mentioned in the original post. Still very impressed. This stuff made my BMW paint look and feel like new. For a 9 year old car it still looks really clean. These pics were taken right at dusk so not the best light but you can still see the shine. I used the sanding compound 2000 grit and 4500 grit on my lights also then sealed them. They turned out great too!

Attachments

I need to put another order in and get busy. Looks great.
Thanks. They recommended using the Menzerma 4500 rather than the Blackfire polish after the first step of polishing with the Blackfire SRC because it finishes down finer. I think it was a good recommendation. I ordered 3 green pads, 3 black pads, and 2 blue pads. I have been washing the pads out when done and all except one of the green pads has lasted. Be careful to only use a small amount of sealant as it goes a long way.
I need to put another order in and get busy. Looks great.
They just had the sale on pads but I didn't order in time - ill probably order this weekend, combining what I have with what you tried as well. Then the week after next just take the car off the road for a week and really detail it. Have you tried the wheel sealants?
The wax over sealant will add a wetter look to the car, I do this all the time. The wax will last as long as if it where on there by itself, in most cases 6 to 8 weeks depending on weather and storage.

That said it will also extend out your sealants life
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.