Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 325i is in the USA. I have started the round-the-clock vigil awaiting my Orient Blue beauty.

I hope it won't be too long...I don't have a car...:cry:

·
Registered
571 Posts
jm.
Was your car a South Africa build. If so, how long to ship from there? My 325i should be nearing the end of production and I was wondering how long a wait I have left.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
richard said:
jm.
Was your car a South Africa build. If so, how long to ship from there? My 325i should be nearing the end of production and I was wondering how long a wait I have left.
Yes, it was a SA build. My car was completed on 2/26/2002, Shipped to Port of Exit on 3/14/2002, and arrived at the VPC yesterday, 4/17/2002.

So, if my example is a trend, you have about two more months of waiting. Every day is like an eternity, isn't it? There are people who ordered 330 in March who will receive their vehicles about the same time I do. Lucky bastiges...

·
Registered
571 Posts
jm,
Jeez, the wait is killing me already. Was your car one of those that got sent back to Germany and then shipped over here? I was told that happens sometimes. What's driving me nuts is trying to keep my Prelude in perfect condition until I sell or trade it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh, sure?

richard said:
Was your car one of those that got sent back to Germany and then shipped over here?
That's what they told me. I don't believe them, though. Doesn't seem right that they would ship the car from SA to Germany. All that I know for sure, is that it took an extra two weeks for my car to arrive.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks for the info jm. I least I know not to get too excited yet. End of June seems so far away. Oh well, I'm going to the Canadian Grand Prix the first weekend in June so that should be a good diversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts