Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the call, the car is at the dealer. :clap: :clap: :banana:

They still have to install the alarm and take care of the rim damage which the VPC apparently ignored. :thumbdwn:

So I'll be picking it up this Sat. :thumbup:

Now I kind of know how minor league baseball players feel when they get the call to report to the Major Leagues. :angel:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Calif65GM said:

They still have to install the alarm and take care of the rim damage which the VPC apparently ignored. :thumbdwn:

Now I kind of know how minor league baseball players feel when they get the call to report to the Major Leagues. :angel:
what the hell does every car get damaged on ED? anyway...congrats though :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slubu said:
what the hell does every car get damaged on ED? anyway...congrats though :thumbup:
Thanks.

LOL I damaged it in a tight parking garage up-ramp. I was distracted by the Italian hottie that was checking my car out.

I mis-judged the ramp curb. It wasn't due to shipping damage.

My SA called me for the condition report at drop-off, so apparently he or someone at the dealership checked out my car for damages upon unloading.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
slubu said:
Haha..it seems that way if you read this forum. My last 2 cars came through without a scratch.

But it seems like the VPC isn't doing their job...these cars should be re-delivered in showroom condition. Isn't that what we pay for?

·
A_BIG_KAHUNA
271 Posts
CCCooooollll Calif65GM :freakdanc You have way more patience than I.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MARCUS330i said:
But it seems like the VPC isn't doing their job...these cars should be re-delivered in showroom condition. Isn't that what we pay for?
I think they're just too overwhelmed probably and letting a lot of things go and hoping the dealer takes care of it (passing the buck).

·
Bay Em Vay User
174 Posts
Are you still picking up your debadged bimmer today. :)

I hope they park your car inside like mine and give you the tour of your car. ;)

When they park your car inside, and you're about ready to leave the dealer becareful about driving out the double doors. It's about the same size doors as the garage door at the Munich Delivery center. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Congratulation, man!!!!!!
Calif65GM said:

·
Freude am Fahren
19,689 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
these cars should be re-delivered in showroom condition. Isn't that what we pay for?
Actually, no.

The car was already delivered in showroom condition at the factory delivery center in Freimann.

What you are getting is a used car, unless you drove it straight from the Center to Harms in Garching.

Normal wear and tear is not covered or remedied.

However, following a meeting I had with VDC and european Delivery managers, they are going to try to look out more for scrapes which could occur in shipping which they previously would write off as ,, normal wear and tear``. This may take some time to implement and for them to get used to.

For the record, all cars ARE washed at the VDC. Incl. European Delivery cars.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mdreviews said:
Are you still picking up your debadged bimmer today. :)

I hope they park your car inside like mine and give you the tour of your car. ;)

When they park your car inside, and you're about ready to leave the dealer becareful about driving out the double doors. It's about the same size doors as the garage door at the Munich Delivery center. :thumbup:
Yep just completed re-delivery and they pulled into the showroom a couple of minutes after Ivette met me. Yes the door is small. Thank god for the folding mirrors and Ivette navigated for me.

I told Mark that I've seen you on this forum. He remembers you as a "real young guy" with the same color but a 5-series. :thumbup:

·
Bay Em Vay User
174 Posts
Cool. Yeah. I could pass for 16 even though I'm 31. Problem occurs all the time when a client wants to see me. :dunno:

Calif65GM said:
Yep just completed re-delivery and they pulled into the showroom a couple of minutes after Ivette met me. Yes the door is small. Thank god for the folding mirrors and Ivette navigated for me.

I told Mark that I've seen you on this forum. He remembers you as a "real young guy" with the same color but a 5-series. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mdreviews said:
Cool. Yeah. I could pass for 16 even though I'm 31. Problem occurs all the time when a client wants to see me. :dunno:
LOL well it's a good kind of problem.

·
Bay Em Vay User
174 Posts
Not on a social and personal level where the girl thinks of you as her little brother. :(

Ok. Back to the topic. How was the drive home? Any different when compared to Europe. Did you notice something new or different this time?

After 2000 miles, I appreciate the ride and feel of a BMW. I have a honda as a beater car and boy does it allow me to appreciate a BMW. :)

Calif65GM said:
LOL well it's a good kind of problem.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mdreviews said:
Not on a social and personal level where the girl thinks of you as her little brother. :(

Ok. Back to the topic. How was the drive home? Any different when compared to Europe. Did you notice something new or different this time?

After 2000 miles, I appreciate the ride and feel of a BMW. I have a honda as a beater car and boy does it allow me to appreciate a BMW. :)
It seemed that in Europe, the RPMs were revving lower while going faster. :dunno:

It's suppose to be clear-up tomorrow and I'm off on Monday, so will try to let the engine out a bit.

·
Laguna Seca Guy
466 Posts
Jspira said:
For the record, all cars ARE washed at the VDC. Incl. European Delivery cars.
Mine wasn't! August drop off, Oct redelivery. We had no time to get it washed before taking it to Harms. This is how it looked when I dropped it off, and how it looked when it arrived at my dealer. The dealer did clean it up, however.

Attachments

·
Freude am Fahren
19,689 Posts
L Seca said:
Mine wasn't! August drop off, Oct redelivery. We had no time to get it washed before taking it to Harms. This is how it looked when I dropped it off, and how it looked when it arrived at my dealer. The dealer did clean it up, however.
I have several times been through the walk that all the e.d. cars go through. They are washed (lightly).

They are not scrubbed.

New cars, which come in with cosmoline, are de waxed and are of course cleaner.

Did it look at all like it had been "rinsed"? Of course, I haven't been to the west coast VDC but I would imagine things are similar there.

·
Laguna Seca Guy
466 Posts
Jspira said:
Did it look at all like it had been "rinsed"? Of course, I haven't been to the west coast VDC but I would imagine things are similar there.
It seemed the same as in the photo. If it was rinsed, it was very lightly. Also, the VPC didn't fix a door ding I picked up in Switzerland. But after some arm twisting, the dealer took care of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts