BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Hey Tom,

I done some searches but still confused. I have an 03 M3 with nav. What I'd really like is satelite radio but that doesn't seem to be a (good) option. Will the Icelink integrate with my nav?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill-SD said:
Hey Tom,

I done some searches but still confused. I have an 03 M3 with nav. What I'd really like is satelite radio but that doesn't seem to be a (good) option. Will the Icelink integrate with my nav?

Thanks,
Bill
The ice>Link is compatible with Sirius from BMW - not a problem. this will integrate with the NAV systems as well.

Keep in mind that if your Radio is a Becker BM53 unit, there is a bug in sone units that cause the ice>Link Plus to drop off after a certain amount of time - this is currently in development for a fix.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You guys need to come out to the east coast and do this! A discount on the price, no shipping charges, and professionally installed while I walk around at the car show? This seems like a deal too good to be true!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
The ice>Link is compatible with Sirius from BMW - not a problem. this will integrate with the NAV systems as well.

Keep in mind that if your Radio is a Becker BM53 unit, there is a bug in sone units that cause the ice>Link Plus to drop off after a certain amount of time - this is currently in development for a fix.
My is not a Sirius unit.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
Dear Bill and others interested in this topic:

Tom will unfortunately not be able to perform installations on customer vehicles
during the event. Question and answer sessions and even a demo clinic are
within the spirit of what our vendors are invited to do at Bimmerfest. There
was a misunderstanding about this, and I hope that everything is clear now...

Regretfully,
--Jon

·
Registered
152 Posts

Hey!!!!!
You're a representative from dension!!! My icelink plus works like crap!!! It sometimes works, sometime I get the "NO DISC" message. If I choose the changer through the radio immediatly after the car is started, it often works, but that is the only way. If I choose to shange to radio or to actual CD, I can't go back to my iPod, I get the "NO DISC" message. When it works, it seems to work fine. the only other omplaint I ave is tht it seems to sometimes not transmit music in it's full encoded rate, most of my music is in either Apple Lossless or AIFF. The MP3 tracks sound awful, but that's expected, no complaints there. Please help, I enjoy listening to my iPod in my car, pleas help me improe my experience. For reference, I drive a 2001 330ci w/ Business CD, no changer, no nav.

Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bluejeansonfire said:
Hey!!!!!
You're a representative from dension!!! My icelink plus works like crap!!! It sometimes works, sometime I get the "NO DISC" message. If I choose the changer through the radio immediatly after the car is started, it often works, but that is the only way. If I choose to shange to radio or to actual CD, I can't go back to my iPod, I get the "NO DISC" message. When it works, it seems to work fine. the only other omplaint I ave is tht it seems to sometimes not transmit music in it's full encoded rate, most of my music is in either Apple Lossless or AIFF. The MP3 tracks sound awful, but that's expected, no complaints there. Please help, I enjoy listening to my iPod in my car, pleas help me improe my experience. For reference, I drive a 2001 330ci w/ Business CD, no changer, no nav.

Thanks for all your help
Probably not the way I would ask for help....... :eek:

Have you tried calling out technical support line? Technical Support can be reached at 562.595.5153, they will need to ask you some specific questions on your setup before we can arrive at a solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ipod in consol with Icelink

Hey Tom,

I have an 01 325 xi and i'm planning on putting in an Icelink Plus in myself, but i'd like to hide it in my consol. Currently i have the two cup holders in the front and then the coin tray in the third position. What i would ideally like is to get a roll top Euro tray type thing but be able to maintain one cup holder and ditch the coin tray. i was wondering if you have run across anything to make this configuration possible or easy?

Any other additional tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Houlicat said:
Hey Tom,

I have an 01 325 xi and i'm planning on putting in an Icelink Plus in myself, but i'd like to hide it in my consol. Currently i have the two cup holders in the front and then the coin tray in the third position. What i would ideally like is to get a roll top Euro tray type thing but be able to maintain one cup holder and ditch the coin tray. i was wondering if you have run across anything to make this configuration possible or easy?

Any other additional tips?

Thanks
People do it with the ice>Link all the time. We can even provide the eurotray. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's great, do you have them (the eurotrays) in stock and how can i get one from you?

My bigger question though, is how can i get a consol component that is a single cup holder to replace the coin tray since i will be losing both of my existing cupholders to the eurotray? I haven't been able to find the single cupholder unit anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Houlicat said:
That's great, do you have them (the eurotrays) in stock and how can i get one from you?

My bigger question though, is how can i get a consol component that is a single cup holder to replace the coin tray since i will be losing both of my existing cupholders to the eurotray? I haven't been able to find the single cupholder unit anywhere.

Thanks for your help.
Houlicat

I would like the same setup you described. Did you ever find what you were looking for?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tom,

I am running the Ice>Link Plus with the BMW Traffic Pro head unit.

Works like a charm but I hear a buzzing noise. I have contacted Dension Tech Support and the have asked me to modify the 6 Pin connector (CD Changer) by moving a cable from 1 pin location to another.

Looks like I am not using the same adapter. I am unsing the BMW-SAN v1 adapter. Is there a newer adapter ? Perhaps there is another way to fix the buzzing noise ?

Thanks and btw very very great product.... any chance in getting TEXT Display on the BMW Traffic Pro....please please please...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JohnnyA said:
Tom,

I am running the Ice>Link Plus with the BMW Traffic Pro head unit.

Works like a charm but I hear a buzzing noise. I have contacted Dension Tech Support and the have asked me to modify the 6 Pin connector (CD Changer) by moving a cable from 1 pin location to another.

Looks like I am not using the same adapter. I am unsing the BMW-SAN v1 adapter. Is there a newer adapter ? Perhaps there is another way to fix the buzzing noise ?

Thanks and btw very very great product.... any chance in getting TEXT Display on the BMW Traffic Pro....please please please...
When was the kit purchased? Feel free to email me offline as I will need your personal info (first/last name and invoice number) as well. I can be reached at [email protected].

·
Registered
21 Posts
E65/E66 Fiber Optics

Hi Tom

Can you give us any info on the real time frame for the completion of the kit for the Most Fiber Optic system in the E65 / E66 or new 5 series cars.

The web site says Q2 of this year. Any news to keep us interested. Also any details on the system like Tags on the I-Drive interface ect.

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
starr666 said:
Hi Tom

Can you give us any info on the real time frame for the completion of the kit for the Most Fiber Optic system in the E65 / E66 or new 5 series cars.

The web site says Q2 of this year. Any news to keep us interested. Also any details on the system like Tags on the I-Drive interface ect.

Thanks
The kits are still in the development phase at this time, I hope to have more information soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buzzing

Johnny, what did they suggest you modify? I've got the same issue in a 2002 M5. There's a constant buzz, plus a whine related to engine speed. I submitted a help request online at the Dension website just today, but if you can tell me what they suggested, I'd like to go ahead and try it. I'll probably be Monday before they get around to sending me an answer, and I'm out of town or out of the country 90% of the time during weekdays. I'd really like to give a shot at fixing it this weekend.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JBErrett said:
Johnny, what did they suggest you modify? I've got the same issue in a 2002 M5. There's a constant buzz, plus a whine related to engine speed. I submitted a help request online at the Dension website just today, but if you can tell me what they suggested, I'd like to go ahead and try it. I'll probably be Monday before they get around to sending me an answer, and I'm out of town or out of the country 90% of the time during weekdays. I'd really like to give a shot at fixing it this weekend.
I'm assuming your M5 has DSP? If so, check all the connections (RCA & Molex) to connectivity. If anything is left loose, it will act like a large antenna and pick up noise.

PM me your email address and I will send you procedures on how to check your cabling as well.

·
Urban Knucklebuster
409 Posts
S'up witt my order?

Tom I ordered an ice link (no nav/ Business CD) on March 10, 2005. I was notified they are on backorder, but that was more than two months ago. Are you shipping?

Order Number: 5118
Placed : 03/10/2005 12:47:16 MST

Ship To: Bill To:
Gordon Richards Gordon Richards
[email protected] [email protected]
xxx
xxx

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gordo325xiwagon said:
Tom I ordered an ice link (no nav/ Business CD) on March 10, 2005. I was notified they are on backorder, but that was more than two months ago. Are you shipping?

Order Number: 5118
Placed : 03/10/2005 12:47:16 MST

Ship To: Bill To:
Gordon Richards Gordon Richards
[email protected] [email protected]
xxx
xxx
I cannot give order details via the forum - please contact our offices @ 562.595.5153 to check on the status of your order.

1 - 20 of 772 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.