BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my "bimmerfest" story has come to an end....just called and cancelled my hotel res.
Recap:

1) Rip and I plan to come down.
2) Rip can't make it due to family obligations.
3) I find another friend to come down.
4) She backs out.
5) Hell with it I'll go it alone!
6) Make hotel res.
7) Our current software development cycle goes to pot, pushing the next 2 out and one of them ends up on.....you guessed it...the weekend of the 20th.
8) Call and cancel hotel res.

Damn! :( :thumbdwn: :tsk:

I tried....
Haus

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Well my "bimmerfest" story has come to an end....just called and cancelled my hotel res.
Recap:

1) Rip and I plan to come down.
2) Rip can't make it due to family obligations.
3) I find another friend to come down.
4) She backs out.
5) Hell with it I'll go it alone!
6) Make hotel res.
7) Our current software development cycle goes to pot, pushing the next 2 out and one of them ends up on.....you guessed it...the weekend of the 20th.
8) Call and cancel hotel res.

Damn! :( :thumbdwn: :tsk:

I tried....
Haus
Bummer :(

I can't make it either, but for other reasons (one of which is that I may get my car that weekend!).

I have found with software cycles that there is no good time go take off, so you just pick a date and go, no matter what. Else you'll just keep putting it off.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well under normal circumstances I would but this particular release is rolling the company standard software from Access 97 and SQL 7 to 2000 for each. It touches too many things to not have someone riding shotgun over it.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Well under normal circumstances I would but this particular release is rolling the company standard software from Access 97 and SQL 7 to 2000 for each. It touches too many things to not have someone riding shotgun over it.
Damn that sucks. Well I hope the release goes well, would've been nice to see another red Ci in nearly the same setup. :(

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Sorry to hear that...

My company and I have the perfect solution for your problems: unattended software distribution/configuration/installation/activation and even rollback/deinstallation in case something goes wrong ;) (think of how much you would hate to miss next year's 'Fest because of new software rollouts :D)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not dead yet...

Ok, so I hate to quit...not in my nature. So my latest idea is this:

1) Hop the red eye from Seattle to LA on Friday.
2) Get a rental and stay at a hotel Friday night.
3) Early AM drive down to SB for the 'fest!!!!!
4) Drive back and take the red eye back to Seattle.
5) Sleep all day Sunday :)

What do ya think????

Only drag is that I've checked every rental car co I can find and no bimmers....Jags yes, bimmers no.

:dunno:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Re: Not dead yet...

ah-ha! You need a rental BIMMER?? Check here:
http://www.midwaycarrental.com/

I think Beth is the internet sales person. I have rented from Midway when I sold my VW and waiting for my 325. Small company but great service! They can pick you up from LAX too.

Also if you do arrive on Friday night (not too late), we can organize a pre-BimmerFest dinner together or something. Maybe Dave, Emission, Hack can join too... ;)

in_d_haus said:
Ok, so I hate to quit...not in my nature. So my latest idea is this:

1) Hop the red eye from Seattle to LA on Friday.
2) Get a rental and stay at a hotel Friday night.
3) Early AM drive down to SB for the 'fest!!!!!
4) Drive back and take the red eye back to Seattle.
5) Sleep all day Sunday :)

What do ya think????

Only drag is that I've checked every rental car co I can find and no bimmers....Jags yes, bimmers no.

:dunno:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ok, I'm skuh-rooed, everythings booked! Can't get a flight on my frequent flier miles AND...it's $600 ponies if I pay. That, the car, and room would make good 'ol Bimmerfest a prices overnight trip.

Rat! foiled again! Ah well..... (grumble, grumble):bawling:

Hey! There's a bright side... I just realized I have enough points to fly to Europe!!! Can you say Euro-delivery?!!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Damn! :(

Which hotel are you looking at again? I know a Radisson at Culver City that charges about $89 for the night. Very decent hotel. It's about 10mins drive from LAX.

Radisson
6161 CENTINELA AVENUE CULVER CITY, CA 90230
(310) 649-1776

in_d_haus said:
Ok, I'm skuh-rooed, everythings booked! Can't get a flight on my frequent flier miles AND...it's $600 ponies if I pay. That, the car, and room would make good 'ol Bimmerfest a prices overnight trip.

Rat! foiled again! Ah well..... (grumble, grumble):bawling:

Hey! There's a bright side... I just realized I have enough points to fly to Europe!!! Can you say Euro-delivery?!!! :D :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.