BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What are the chances they bring it back?
Sehr gering (very slim, in translation). Clearly, Mr Catral, as you know the mechanism will continue to exist at the BMW Welt for deliveries but staff handling the details associated with European Delivery have probably been reassigned, esp. given that the BMW Welt has largely been closed for deliveries during the plague. It's nice to see you back in the forum by the way.

Reactions: jcatral14

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
Sehr gering (very slim, in translation). Clearly, Mr Catral, as you know the mechanism will continue to exist at the BMW Welt for deliveries but staff handling the details associated with European Delivery have probably been reassigned, esp. given that the BMW Welt has largely been closed for deliveries during the plague. It's nice to see you back in the forum by the way.
Hi Jonathan, I still pop in every now and then :) Too bad about the Euro Delivery Program. I am still hoping they bring it back one day though. How else are they going to show off the Welt and introduce the wonderful city of Munich to people?

·
Freude am Fahren
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi Jonathan, I still pop in every now and then :) Too bad about the Euro Delivery Program. I am still hoping they bring it back one day though. How else are they going to show off the Welt and introduce the wonderful city of Munich to people?
Waving back...

I am hopeful as well.

Re the BMW Welt, it is still Munich's most visited tourist attraction and will still be a temple for BMW fans to visit (at no charge, of course). Much as I hate to admit it, the number of people doing E.D. was quite small and it was a very select group to say the least. Even if none of us were to get a BMW at all, it would have close to zero impact on BMW sales.

That leaves out the tremendous loyalty factor that has been demonstrated in this forum over and over again for over 20 years.

Should we start a petition?

·
Running around in circles
3,638 Posts
Waving back...

I am hopeful as well.

Re the BMW Welt, it is still Munich's most visited tourist attraction and will still be a temple for BMW fans to visit (at no charge, of course). Much as I hate to admit it, the number of people doing E.D. was quite small and it was a very select group to say the least. Even if none of us were to get a BMW at all, it would have close to zero impact on BMW sales.

That leaves out the tremendous loyalty factor that has been demonstrated in this forum over and over again for over 20 years.

Should we start a petition?
Ja, I think we should. I would sign up 🙋‍♂️

Reactions: MB330

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm all for the restart of the European Delivery Program. I picked up two BMW ED cars (2010 and 2013). I enjoyed both of those trips and the cars that I got to use in Europe, and later when they returned to me in the USA. Having said that I have to tell you that the wait for these cars to return to me seemed painfully long. Even so I would do it again if it were available. Let's hope that BMW will recognize that the program made lifelong BMW owners with their ED program. I have two BMWs in my garage today.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I did BMW European Delivery in 2001, 2004, 2007, 2007, 2010, 2013. They were all amazing experiences. I developed amazing friends and acquaintances on this web site and this forum as a direct result. We had interesting discussions and shared great insights into the BMW European Delivery Experience, European travel, and of course BMW cars. I do believe that it very shortsighted for BMW to diminish the program and then kill it. Those BMW Enthusiasts that participated in BMW Euro Delivery were incredibly loyal to the brand. Many of us purchased many BMW's and influenced others to go with BMW and its Euro Delivery program. In my case that resulted in 7 BMW sales that I or my company paid for and another 20+ people that I steered to BMW and Euro Delivery. That is 27 BMW's worth approximately $1,700,000 in sales for BMW. Not bad for one BMW Enthusiast. BMW was the foundation of my longstanding relationship with BMW. Once that bond was broken, I just felt less loyalty and I moved on to Tesla when I could easily have gone with a hybrid BMW. My Tesla Model 3 and Tesla as a company are inferior to BMW cars and BMW as a company. Hopefully BMW will recognize that discontinuing BMW Euro Delivery was a major blunder and they will bring it back. It would be a smart business decision.

Best wishes for good health and happiness to all of the great people that participated in this forum!

Paul Harding, FAIA
Harding Partners Architects
Chicago

·
Freude am Fahren
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
A moving tribute to the European Delivery program. I assume with “BMW was the foundation of my longstanding relationship with BMW” you mean BMW ED was the foundation.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
That is correct.

Reactions: JSpira

·
Registered
105 Posts
Our one and only Euro Delivery was May 2010 -- an alpine white M3 which is still is my garage. Always thought we would do another but time just slipped by. The planning help we received on this board made for a wonderful experience (not only during out stay in Germany but also while in London) with great recommendations for driving routes, hotels, restaurants, sites, etc. My current daily driver is a 328 Touring -- seems that BMW is intent on taking away everything that kept me loyal to the brand for nearly 30 years!

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2021 X5 M50i Mineral White w/DHP/DAP/DAPP/PAP/EP/Bowers&Wilkins/Ext Merino Leather/Glass Controls
8,500 Posts
We've done two ED's. One at the Freimann Delivery Center in 2006 for our 2007 550i and the other at the Welt in 2014 for my 2015 M4. Those experiences are something that participants NEVER forget. The opportunity to drive the Autobahn and run laps at the Nurburgring cannot be overstated. Since selling my M4 in 2016, we have leased 3 i3's since we had no incentive to buy a new BMW since the elimination of the Euro Delivery program. We now own two used BMW's that we picked up this last year. A 2019 540i and a 2018 M4 Competition. I really have no intention to buy another new BMW unless they by chance bring back the ED program. That's how important it is to me. C'mon BMW bring the European Delivery program back.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I guess next year these BMWs will be replaced by Mercedes or Volvos in my garage.
I switched to Volvo for the time being. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I love my XC40. It doesn't have the oomph or stability of my past Bimmers but the ride comfort and tech is actually superior to my previous X1's. I'll have a tough choice if and when ED returns.

Reactions: 1northcar

·
Freude am Fahren
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I have driven multiple new Volvos for weeks at a time and agree with the assessment.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I switched to Volvo for the time being. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I love my XC40. It doesn't have the oomph or stability of my past Bimmers but the ride comfort and tech is actually superior to my previous X1's. I'll have a tough choice if and when ED returns.
We did the same thing, went from an X1 to the XC40, it was time. The Volvo OSD program is much more inclusive but not as glamorous. We were planning to do another ED just before COVID dashed the 2nd trip. Like you, we're waiting for BMW to have a change of heart but I think might be wishful thinking. I wonder if we sacrificed a Volvo into the volcano, maybe BMW will reconsider.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
July 14 will be 15 yrs anniversary of your pick-up in Munich. We were planning and dreaming of a new ED BMW 330i/Aud Q5/GLC300/XC60 - never happen ... Just hoping one day we will cross out this bucket list item. and YES - I am all in for petition!
P.S. with 190,000 miles my 330i is driving like a charm (with many repairs)

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I'm so sad to see the ED go away, I'm happy to say I have done one and signed the "book"

·
Registered
2020 F82 M4 Heritage Edition | Imola Red II | DCT | M Comp Pkg \ M Perf Pkg \ 763M Wheels
140 Posts
13 years ago, my wife and I took July 5, 2008 European Delivery of my 2008 335i. The Welt was just the start of a fantastic experience through Europe, from Munich, to Innsbruck, Verona, Como, Lucerne and ultimately Paris, 1792 miles in all. Had hoped to repeat the experience one day, but saddened that it may now be too late. Thanks to all of the forum members that helped us plan our trip, providing many great tips. And thanks to BMW for having the ED program in the first place. Hope to see it revived in the future.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Thanks everyone for being a great community of BMW Enthusiasts and great advice! My 6 BMW Euro Deliveries were awesome.

Without BMW Euro Delivery I have moved on to Tesla. BMW Euro Delivery Participants were among the most loyal BMW Enthusiasts, like me and my wife. Had BMW Euro Delivery not been gutted we would have stayed with BMW. Whomever decided to gut the BMW Euro Delivery was an idiot. Probably the same idiot that bailed on BMW battery electric vehicles after a great start. BMW is suffering from a lack of vision. Upcoming Frankenstein BMW battery electric vehicles will not work.
Interesting that you moved to Tesla with the demise of BMW Euro Delivery…. I tried Tesla, but am moving back to BMW (i4 M50) for my DD… now that ED is gone, I have my sights on possibly a P-car or something to get my euro delivery fix.… if that doesn’t work out, I always have BMW-rent, which I used this past summer on our latest European Grand Tour.

My hope, probably false… is once the dust settles around COVID, it will come back as a paid option…. Which I would do in a heartbeat. Time will tell.

Cheers!

·
All Wheel Drive = Heaven
343 Posts
Hello friends - former ED forum mod and unofficial tour guide for Austria and Germany JSpira needs our help.

Many of you have turned to JSpira (Jonathan Spira) for help over the years for your BMW and ED related concerns. He recently helped me with a concern related to BMW Customer Service.

Please see his GoFundMe page and consider contributing. Every little bit helps.

• Wow
Reactions: Me530
41 - 60 of 74 Posts