BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with my good friend Marv today (IG: @snowblanca_f06) and took a few shots with him. He has done a few light modifications to his 650GC, including spacers, an ExhaustMeister, DME Tuning Stage 1, and a sweet high-kick spoiler.

Please excuse the iPhone photos, my SLR ended up being dead before we got to shoot. :bawling:

As much as I thought the GT would look somewhat ugly compared to his GC, the two actually complimented each other very well. I do like the slimmer shape and more raked windows on the GC. However, I actually prefer the meatier look of the GT's front end; it just seems more aggressive to me.

The GC looks sleek and seek, while the GT has an aggressive, menacing look to it. I like to call it the bulldog-stance.

I appreciate both cars for their unique aspects. While some believe what's the point of the GT when the GC exists, I believe they both are beautiful in their own way. The GT's interior space definitely puts the GC to shame though. ;)

P.S. Although I will say, had I parked my stock height GT next to his, that would've been a different story. :rofl::rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Nicely-staged shoot. I agree, a fine, complementary pair of BMWs. Your pics are always welcome. I trust that, at some point, your two "guard dogs" will take a selfie with this GT :)

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
I like that comparison and observation. Put side by side I see the GC looking more effeminate with the sloping lines. Definitely appreciating the GT more and more every time you do a "comparo" photo shoot, thanks for sharing!

·
That Guy w/ the Modded GT
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely-staged shoot. I agree, a fine, complementary pair of BMWs. Your pics are always welcome. I trust that, at some point, your two "guard dogs" will take a selfie with this GT :)
Haha, I need to set up a photoshoot with them soon. Fear not, I'll make it happen soon :thumbup:

I like that comparison and observation. Put side by side I see the GC looking more effeminate with the sloping lines. Definitely appreciating the GT more and more every time you do a "comparo" photo shoot, thanks for sharing!
Agreed, amazingly seeing the "prettier" GC made me liken to the GT's bulkier look. The GC is definitely more feminine in design, but I still do love the lines of the car (especially a lowered one, has me drooling every time). However, the larger GT does have its somewhat muscular attributes to it.

More pics to come soon! :D

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Does your astute observation mean that you will try and interest the missus in getting herself a 650 and that you will "reluctantly accept" (but be secretly happy) to take the GT on a "hand-me down" basis? (It just never ends, does it?) :)

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Does your astute observation mean that you will try and interest the missus in getting herself a 650 and that you will "reluctantly accept" (but be secretly happy) to take the GT on a "hand-me down" basis? (It just never ends, does it?) :)
Ha! Her boss had a 650GC and she did not like the sportier suspension/ride. I fear there is no way I am getting the GT as a hand me down and I think I'm at peace with that now. Although I recently purchased a hypnotism learning guide and flash cards so I'll keep you posted! ;)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Ha! Her boss had a 650GC and she did not like the sportier suspension/ride. I fear there is no way I am getting the GT as a hand me down and I think I'm at peace with that now. Although I recently purchased a hypnotism learning guide and flash cards so I'll keep you posted! ;)
Ahh, the hypnosis gambit, never thought of that. I like it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts