BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture just came out today. It seems that they almost completely did away with the 7's trunk. I like the car form this angle - the lines have continuity and they are clean. It looks sporty.

http://www.bmw2002.co.uk/news.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
I agree- not too bad. Even if they manage to restrain themselves on the exterior-- it still sounds like the interior is going to have some strong e65 influence. They really need to center those door handles on the body crease line-llike every other BMW. It just doesn't look right. Glad to see that the Bangle back is mostly gone--although its more square than it needs to be. Also did you notice the slight "flame surfacing" on the bottom of the doors-- there's a gratuitous semi-circle etched into them. :tsk:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
That picture was on the net for quite a while. It's a P'shopped E65.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
robg said:
I agree- not too bad. Even if they manage to restrain themselves on the exterior-- it still sounds like the interior is going to have some strong e65 influence. They really need to center those door handles on the body crease line-llike every other BMW. It just doesn't look right. Glad to see that the Bangle back is mostly gone--although its more square than it needs to be. Also did you notice the slight "flame surfacing" on the bottom of the doors-- there's a gratuitous semi-circle etched into them. :tsk:
I did but I'm glad it's very subtle. At least it looks very subtle with this color. You know, once you lower expectations a lot, it's easy to exceed them. I should turn that into my life's core philosophy :D

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
From this angle, I'm not too fond of how far along the sides that the tail lights wrap around. The cut lines for the truck make me think of Daewoo. The side of the car looks pretty good though. Relatively plain with mostly slab sides. Very unassuming, but with presence. I still want to see the headlight teatment.

·
Lap Dog
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex Baumann said:
That picture was on the net for quite a while. It's a P'shopped E65.
If it is, they did a great job. They should give that P'shop guy Bangle's job :lmao:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
brave1heart said:
If it is, they did a great job. They should give that P'shop guy Bangle's job :lmao:
Hehe, I have sent my application for that position as well :D

·
Here since day one
7,183 Posts
I like it a lot . . . I think I just spotted my next car:thumbup:

Of course it will have to wait 2 years but that would be just enough time for BMW to get the bugs out . . .

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
there's a gratuitous semi-circle etched into them. :tsk: [/B]
As much as I dislike "flame surfacing," I think this is the first example that actually serves a purpose. That line appears to tighten the mid-section while exaggerating width at the wheel arches. IMO, it gives the car a more athletic presence.

The trunk still looks a bit odd to me but not nearly as bad as the E65. Aside from that and the yet-to-be-seen final headlamp treatment, I would not kick it out of the driveway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts