Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 12994 Posts

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
Wow, sorry I missed OT's final hours. Also, Bimmerfest is judging me.... It says I should post more.

·
Young + Dumb
663 Posts
df.. Is this the whole town of Millville? I thought business boomed down there. And sometimes it's good for a guy that is usually quiet to do something like that. Shows you're passionate. Maybe now they will respect your opinion more.

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
Franklyn, if you aren't planning on doing whitewater look for something with a keel, a white water boat takes a lot of practice and attention to keep going in a straight line and is just going to be annoying (source, one of my favorite stretches of white water requires about 3 miles of flat water to reach the pull out and it's awful in my play boat)

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Poor OT Thread. :(
In other news it's snowing again, a lot. -4 outside right now about 20 inches of snow. GD it NY.
Also, the roads in the past two weeks have gone from bad to horrible. I swear to god there's a pot hole at the intersection next to my driveway that could swallow up a small bear.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
it's unfortunately been getting more and more empty storefronts of late. the landlords are expecting commercial rents of 1k for about 800ft2

we have a dozen or so each chinese restaurants, hairdressers, and pizza places, 4-5 empty restaurant able fronts or buildings, and people 'in charge' are simply comin across as clueless...:dunno:

yeah, the economy sucks, but people still want and need to be entertained and have nice food.

it's supposed to be an 'arts' district, but the perception i get from the areas i travel ($5mill homes not uncommon @ shore towns), they're *tired* of the same old same old lighthouses and marsh landscapes.

art collectors laugh and scoff at the goings on since we've stagnated.

then one of the gallery owners/artists tries to browbeat a commentor on the why pricing is the way it is. (which i get, btw....) however, an artist living off his or her work needs to find their respective niche and capitalize on it.

people are emotional creatures, and money is an emotional thing. nobody in their right mind is going to just hand over cash just because you ask them to. you (business owner) need to connect with their inner emotional ques to make that happen. rehashing the same old, unproductive programs in the hopes that they will somehow work out is simply insane.

so yeah,...they have met the dark side of df. :eek:

df

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
Poor OT Thread. :(
In other news it's snowing again, a lot. -4 outside right now about 20 inches of snow. GD it NY.
Also, the roads in the past two weeks have gone from bad to horrible. I swear to god there's a pot hole at the intersection next to my driveway that could swallow up a small bear.
naybe you should put up a signto warn them, then....don't want any bears to get swllowed up now, do we??:dunno:

perhaps a poem as well?? :dunno:

*ahem*....

small bear, small bear

don't go over there.

it's a whole hole for sure

and will matt your fur

should you fall in.

small bear, small bear

go thattaway

and frolic in the snow

no,...over there furball...

yeah, go on now.

wait,...no, i'm not...

aaaaaaugh!!!!

(chomp munch)

*burp*

it's whatcha call 'avant garde' freeverse. :D

df

·
Young + Dumb
663 Posts
The town where I work has the same exact problem. Minutes away from the homes of every major Philadelphia athlete, pure money, and all types of snobbery, but they can't make anything of it. They built a gorgeous Towne Center and even on the weekends its completely dead.

Times are still a little more tough than people think I guess. Now that you mention it, just the drive from 55 to NJMP made me realize how things are down there now. Last time I went was August and it was like a ghost town. Every place looked boarded up.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
let me know when you are coming down next. i know all the best cool places around. :D

and i'll be sure to kennel the dark side of df for ya....:angel:

df

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
95 m3 trunk lid/spoiler will be mine tomorrow night! woooohooo!

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I wonder what the wiring loom will look like, do the wires just get cut from the car it was on?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I wonder what the wiring loom will look like, do the wires just get cut from the car it was on?
There is no need to cut wires. Everything can be unplugged and pulled out of the boot lid. That is what I did when I was painting my car.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Oh ok, can those same wires also be unplugged from the car by any chance?

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Wow those are some SEXY headers!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts

·
I feed trolls
4,977 Posts
Really don't wanna swap that.
You turbo'd an E36... Its not that hard :rofl:

Other news, I caught up with a friend tonight. Who has an 06 SI Civic. Got to take the wheel for a bit... Wow, for a Honda, I'm thoroughly impressed. Had a bit of get up (not super fast but it moved), was responsive as hell when it came to the steering, and handled great. Would give me E36 a run for its money in corners. And its stock. Impressed, especially coming from Honda and being a Civic

181 - 200 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.