Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 - 2040 of 12994 Posts

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts
A super cool guy I know who built my motor and does a ton of stuff gave it to me. I drove my red car over to show him and check out his new place. He's letting me borrow the cam tools and said "Hey, you want a free welder?"

Well...yea! He bought a new one and just wanted this one gone. I need a bottle and regulator for it.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
That's awesome Matt I really need/want a 180/200amp mig. Sick of taking stuff everywhere to get welded.
Also, how is suede for steering wheels?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
One more thing, tomorrow I'm heading over to NY to check some M3 rear seats, guy asking $150, they look in great shape. Hopefully I'll start converting my ugly tan to black, black interior is just gorgeous, as soon as I saw one I just fell in love, my brother has all black interior, so trying not to be jealous at all lmao.

View attachment 432102
These are the seats, I'll try to get them for a lower price still :rofl: to try making up for what I'll spend driving there, tolls mainly.

bliger7gz
Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

I scores the seats, might as well since it was a long drive, and they're in great shape no tears, rips or discoloration, he even cleaned them again before I left. From the moment I left home until I got back almost 4 hours, with little traffic. Not bad after all, since I got to see seller's soft-top E30 M3 (he's a fellow BF member too "Ivannyc", got too excited and didn't take a pic, shame on me) so he dropped price to $135, including tolls the seats cost me $160 and 1/4 gas tank. Can't believe I got almost 100 miles on 1/4 tank, its the first time I've seen this mileage since owning her it was about 90% highway and with my (almost) lead foot lol, I was worried since city driving was killing my mpg.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396833881.282399.jpg
Woohoo, filled her up before leaving, reset trip mileage and this is almost arriving home.

I got a trip to NY's Catskill area in July and is a 300 miles roundtrip, now I will be driving her for sure knowing I'll make it with a single tank fill, just like last year with the odyssey, which lighted the low fuel tank light as soon as I arrived in my city. This time the trip will be more enjoyable :thumbsup:

bliger7gz

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I have the oil line and gasket now, just waiting on the the 32mm and water pump wrench to come in the mail. Bought yellow tint for my headlights too

Awesome! So what is a vcg by the way? Any clues where all of your oil is coming from? Did you get the Krylon? Are you doing your high beams too!? Dude its going to be so bad ass I can't wait!

Wow that rear bumper tucked in really far! Looks a lot better I must admit, that was something I always thought of doing on my E30. When you buying a new suspension for it Jesse?

Sooo my car started falling apart within the last 3 days....both rear speakers fell off/out (6x9s with cheap plastic mounts that clip/sit into the factory holes) ripping a cable off one's terminals. My sunroof switch panel FELL OFF while I was driving home today. The thing was cracked into three pieces. My driver side door fell apart and a bunch of those white snap-in clips are broken. And I still have no tweeters because the cheap 16mm ebay ones i purchased for them either did not work or were the ****tiest speakers ever made. So I'm driving around with a real shoddy sound system, no driverside door panel, and a hole in the roof exposing the sunroof components and a hanging wire. Sigh... :dunno::tsk:

Ugh. I love my car but this relationship is going through a rough patch right now :rofl: Luckily it's nothing mechanical, and just all interior stuff. So at least the car is still gorgeous on the outside!! :D Oh well, I have tues and wed off this week, so I should be able to knock most of that out. Super glue works wonders :thumbup:

Edit: that E30 is looking very slick!! They are starting to grow on me
Don't feel bad, previous owners usually neglect the interior, and mechanics and audio installers ALWAYS neglect the interior. Don't be fooled into thinking they put things back the right way, it never happens because they break clips, and would never consider ordering new ones. I spent a LOT of time removing old glue, and sanding the insides of my door panels, got all new plastic clips, and epoxied the plastic pieces back to the door. I find no matter how good of a job you do (atleast on the 2 doors) there is a plastic clip located just behind the door lock nub, that always pops loose when the door is shut, you can usually always push in on that corner and hear a click.

Oh which reminds me, I don't know if you noticed my post about getting a job, don't think anyone did. But anyways I'll need to be moving to Charlotte soon, do you know of any places?

VCG = Valve Cover Gasket
THANK YOU! lol.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Awesome! So what is a vcg by the way? Any clues where all of your oil is coming from? Did you get the Krylon? Are you doing your high beams too!? Dude its going to be so bad ass I can't wait!

Wow that rear bumper tucked in really far! Looks a lot better I must admit, that was something I always thought of doing on my E30. When you buying a new suspension for it Jesse?
VCG = Valve Cover Gasket

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
I used Sylvania 7506 and that's what Autozone said to use
That isn't the correct bulb... You're young and part of life is learning the hard way through mistakes, but I'm going to give you a word of advice which you should hold onto closely from now on:

Do not EVER ask an Autozone/Advance/O'Reilly/Etc. employee for technical information about your car. They don't know, and they will sell you the wrong parts. You have to go into those stores already knowing exactly which part you need to buy, not the other way around.

I believe the proper bulb for that location is 7528, but you'll want to verify. What bulb did you remove from the car? What bulb is in the other side? 7506 is the bulb for the rear blinker, I think... So get that 7506 out of there, replace any fuses you've blown, and verify the correct bulb on your own - do not ask a parts store dude for guidance.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
That isn't the correct bulb... You're young and part of life is learning the hard way through mistakes, but I'm going to give you a word of advice which you should hold onto closely from now on:

Do not EVER ask an Autozone/Advance/O'Reilly/Etc. employee for technical information about your car. They don't know, and they will sell you the wrong parts. You have to go into those stores already knowing exactly which part you need to buy, not the other way around.

I believe the proper bulb for that location is 7528, but you'll want to verify. What bulb did you remove from the car? What bulb is in the other side? 7506 is the bulb for the rear blinker, I think... So get that 7506 out of there, replace any fuses you've blown, and verify the correct bulb on your own - do not ask a parts store dude.
I literally buy everything on the internet. Guy tried telling me at advanced the one day that 75w140 Royal Purple doesn't have friction modifiers. That was the end of my store trips. Hello ECS tuning and bimmerworld. :angel:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts

I believe the proper bulb for that location is 7528, but you'll want to verify. What bulb did you remove from the car? What bulb is in the other side? 7506 is the bulb for the rear blinker, I think... So get that 7506 out of there, replace any fuses you've blown, and verify the correct bulb on your own - do not ask a parts store dude.
Par for the course, Karl is right on the money.

Here's a .pdf of the E36 owners manual. It will show the correct bulb.

And for simplicities sake:

Low beam headlamp

High beam headlamp

Parking light

Front turn signal

Rear turn signal

Tail light

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
H1

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Glove box

Map light

Dome light

Dome light

Trunk/Cargo area

Trunk/Cargo area

Under hood light

Instrument-general

Attachments

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Matt I'd like to find some plastic ones. Now I kinda like my chrome ones tho. I bought these also :)
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1396841515.840087.jpg

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: The smiley's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

·
Kid in Queen City
380 Posts
Don't feel bad, previous owners usually neglect the interior, and mechanics and audio installers ALWAYS neglect the interior. Don't be fooled into thinking they put things back the right way, it never happens because they break clips, and would never consider ordering new ones. I spent a LOT of time removing old glue, and sanding the insides of my door panels, got all new plastic clips, and epoxied the plastic pieces back to the door. I find no matter how good of a job you do (atleast on the 2 doors) there is a plastic clip located just behind the door lock nub, that always pops loose when the door is shut, you can usually always push in on that corner and hear a click.

Oh which reminds me, I don't know if you noticed my post about getting a job, don't think anyone did. But anyways I'll need to be moving to Charlotte soon, do you know of any places?
What are your trade skills??

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
New wheels and suspension will be next year around this time probably. Wearing these tires out and I have no more money haha.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Decided to quit being such a whiny biz-itch and signed up for my first AutoX in over two years this Sunday!

As far as I know the car is completely bolted together, short of an exhaust rattle and slight HG seep, so it ought to stand up to a few AutoX runs. Looking forward to discovering her new grip limits with the swapped top hats and generally redesigned suspension setup.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Decided to quit being such a whiny ****** and signed up for my first AutoX in over two years this Sunday!

As far as I know the car is completely bolted together, short of an exhaust rattle and slight HG seep, so it ought to stand up to a few AutoX runs. Looking forward to discovering her new grip limits with the swapped top hats and generally redesigned suspension setup.
Woohoo!
I can't wait to do auto x again! I hav'nt done an even since got new tires and the new BCBR's.

2021 - 2040 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.