Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2201 - 2220 of 12994 Posts

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
no, not the foil, that's aluminum....:eeps:

obd2 //M3 cats have more stainless steel used compared to the others. not really sure why, but it's a 'junk' metal in the cat.

the recyclers want the paladium, rhodium, and platinum.

not sure about the toyo cats, but i'm pretty certain even *they'd* get more than an obd2 //M3 cat.....:p

df
:rofl: Good ol' Toyoter. Like I said I guess I'll just get her on the stands finally and start some of the work I need to get done. Oh FWIW the news lady said that today it hit 60 degrees in my area for the first time in 5 months. I need to get the m out of it's cave and get rolling with my projects.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
My friend is probably buying this today.

Normally I'm not into the stance thing, at all, but something about a big old long wheelbase Benz gets a pass. I want it so bad. Low, long, slow and loud. :bigpimp:

·
Ambitious But Rubbish
1,231 Posts
Dad called me last week and said "Hey, so, I'm going fishing with Greg. Do you want my car for a few days?"

My commute today was perfect.

I don't really fit in it, the Bose stereo is not that great, and I probably don't want to own one (remember, I had an NA Miata for 6 years) but damn, it's fun to hoon around in.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Hi Folks!

What have I missed? Work has been insane that last week.
My dad bought this for $800 http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/4402734618.html

Normally I'm not into the stance thing, at all, but something about a big old long wheelbase Benz gets a pass. I want it so bad. Low, long, slow and loud. :bigpimp:
That's pretty dang sexy!
Dad called me last week and said "Hey, so, I'm going fishing with Greg. Do you want my car for a few days?"

I don't really fit in it, the Bose stereo is not that great, and I probably don't want to own one (remember, I had an NA Miata for 6 years) but damn, it's fun to hoon around in.
Iv'e drove one, pretty fun, but I'm with you in the statement that I'd never own one.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Super sweet find Jesse! I love the E30 ix's, what all does it need?

I've got my fingers crossed that he pulls the trigger on the Benz. It runs rough, is missing the rear exhaust section, ABS doesn't work, a window doesn't work and the blower motor is dead, but the body is clean & straight and the guy only wants $2k for it.

If he gets it I'll help him sort out the mechanical issues and give it a full tune up and detail, then maybe add some ridiculous accessories like rear window curtains or little diplomat flags for the hood. It'll be so fun to swim into a car show in that thing.

And yeah with the seat as far back as it will go my thigh is still a couple inches above the bottom of the seat in that miata. It's fun to hoon, but that's about it, even after 20 minutes I was getting cramped and uncomfortable. I hope the ND is more tall people friendly.

·
Ambitious But Rubbish
1,231 Posts
Iv'e drove one, pretty fun, but I'm with you in the statement that I'd never own one.
Mine was a super-fun daily driver when I was 18. They are pretty cramped and not the best for long road trips (which I do fairly frequently). If I had a truck or SUV as a bad-weather daily, I'd rock a NC Miata or Z4 or Boxster or something. But as my only DD, it's not practical enough. I think I fit better in the German cars vs. the Miata, but Mazda should be announcing the ND sometime soon - hopefully I'll fit in that, too.

I hope you guys get that iX running and keep it! The AWD design is a bit asinine (I think the front driveshaft goes through the oil pan) but the absurdity adds charm to the car, and apparently the system works well if you keep it in good shape. Joey and I have talked countless times about how fun it'd be to have an iX to go hooning around in during bad snows.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts

I approve. I'm not into stance, either, but a big Benz is always cool. I wouldn't want to pay to fix one up, but supposedly they're quite reliable once they are sorted.

Heck yeah! That seems like a fun little departure from your regular car routine. I think it's always fun to spend time with different cars.

And I'm constantly secretly looking for a clean NA Miata. I might just snap one up if the right example comes around. Unfortunately, it seems like 95% of them are now owned by teenagers who slam them so low that approximately 50% of the frame has been scraped off and the fenders are all ragged because of poking wheels.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Not real sure what it needs. It was running last year, but now has no spark. Havn't had chance to mess with it. Body is basically ding/dent free minus the trunk and the interior is in really nice shape. Even if needs motor, then he will still have a good deal.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Jesse you want new FLOOR MATS!!!

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
benz is flippin sweet. I still want a slammed 67/68 cadillac for a cruiser. would be hillarious to own and park in the same driveway as the fiat. :rofl:

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts

so boss.

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
If you have headphones its SFW, it's just people doing sign language with a rap song playing. It's better than it sounds.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: :bustingup

that was great.

2201 - 2220 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.