Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 12994 Posts

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Ok cool I got all of that. No no no lol sorry I was wrong I don't have Vader seats (I wish). I have these except black, and manual. I was thinking of taking my cushion and putting it on the ones he has. Which could work I guess, but I've looked at the rails on these seats before, and I don't know how to swap rails, not easily anyway, I think there are some riveted parts preventing that.

BTW, if you want me to look at other parts there I can do that too. And I just figured some stuff out with my finances, so I'm straight now. You don't have to pay me until you see me.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Ok cool I got all of that. No no no lol sorry I was wrong I don't have Vader seats (I wish). I have these except black, and manual. I was thinking of taking my cushion and putting it on the ones he has. Which could work I guess, but I've looked at the rails on these seats before, and I don't know how to swap rails, not easily anyway, I think there are some riveted parts preventing that.

BTW, if you want me to look at other parts there I can do that too. And I just figured some stuff out with my finances, so I'm straight now. You don't have to pay me until you see me.
If you are ok with the seats not folding forwarded you can just put Jesse's seats straight in. The bolt locations are the same.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
I seriously considered sacrificing back seat access to get Z3 M seats in my car, but I couldn't find any for sale when I was looking. Im sure the E46 ones are more comfortable but man do those Z3 seats look awesome.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts

Just if you go for me, make sure the vin number is on the fender, I don't want aftermarket crap. PM me your cell phone number.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Does anyone know why my rear right speaker would stop working? Other than bad connection or wire corrosion. How can I test the wire? I also tested it with a different speaker.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Done. So I was calling around trying to find some BMW salvage yard, don't think I've found the one I remember yet, but I called Korman Auto Works, because I know they love and race old BMW's, and figured he would know of some place. Pretty enthusiastic guy actually he was hilarious. He asks hey Andrew (like he knows me or something super weird) what are you doing tomorrow? Who me? (I thought maybe he was talking to someone in the shop) YA YOU!!! I said, not much.... he says, WRONG ANSWER!!! I tell him "oh well I'm definitely going to check out this guy and see what parts he's got", but actually he was telling me about a free lunch bbq thing they are doing there tomorrow, apparently the BMW club will be there, and he said they'll have some exotic cars, including some E30 M3's, and someone's E36 M3 race car. I might check it out, it sounds fun! You should come too Jesse! Its in Greensboro, so its along the way. I brought my very first car to these people to swap my E30 from an auto to a manual, they were the only ones I could find who were willing to do the work. Which is why I remembered them.

Pictures

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I recommended that coolant temp adapter. You can just drill it out to accept the sender. Just make sure you use a drill bit only a little bit bigger than the sender probe. You don't want to drill it out too much.

For the oil temp sender, I think your only option will be to add a hose in there to take up the space. Does Sears have a good NPT selection? I know that HD has some.
Good idea,thanks CJ ill see what I have here at work first off.. If not I may be taking a trip to depot.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
If you are ok with the seats not folding forwarded you can just put Jesse's seats straight in. The bolt locations are the same.
I definitely would like to keep that ability. Do you think there is anyway that could be done?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I definitely would like to keep that ability. Do you think there is anyway that could be done?
You have to buy coupe or convertible seats if you want to keep that feature.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Fantastic, another delay.....

Hey Jesse, based off of the estimate we received from the shop, they have indicated that there is a possibility for some supplemental damages to be found which would increase the cost of the repair. My manager has recommended us having an independent appraiser assigned to inspect the vehicle in person and review the shop's estimate. I am going to call the company on Monday to make sure that they have received the assignment, and will follow up with you next week once I have some additional information.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Once again yesterday, even asking to be more involved, my Cali partner has shut me out of another client call regarding pricing and timing....even though I'm 99% sure my process peer was involved. I have to have the hard conversation with him....but he's super defensive and can turn negative and nasty pretty quickly. I am not looking forward to having this conversation.

:(
Ain't inter organizational politics fun? Sorry you're having those kind of issues getting this off the ground. Distance and time difference always adds additional challenges.....

Stand your ground, keep good notes on your conversations, and particularly if there's any hint or perception of gender bias behind this keep meticulous notes. Go get 'em!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Fantastic, another delay.....

Hey Jesse, based off of the estimate we received from the shop, they have indicated that there is a possibility for some supplemental damages to be found which would increase the cost of the repair. My manager has recommended us having an independent appraiser assigned to inspect the vehicle in person and review the shop's estimate. I am going to call the company on Monday to make sure that they have received the assignment, and will follow up with you next week once I have some additional information.
Bastards.

·
Lowlife
256 Posts
Took of my door panel today to fix my off track window and found that the only thing holding the window up was two wooden Ferring strips, all the arms were bent that would hold it to the track so it's pretty much destroyed now I'm just gonna go to a junkyard and see what i can find to replace the whole thing oh and the door panel was glued on , no interior clips at all. Just my luck

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Ain't inter organizational politics fun? Sorry you're having those kind of issues getting this off the ground. Distance and time difference always adds additional challenges.....

Stand your ground, keep good notes on your conversations, and particularly if there's any hint or perception of gender bias behind this keep meticulous notes. Go get 'em!
Thanks Don.:grouphug: I don't think I get easily flustered, but I do with this person. And the kicker is, I have delivered two of his biggest projects. He has a small circle of people he likes to work with, and his circle is getting smaller because of the way he handles people (He doesn't cultivate talent very well). The issue may be gender, but another peer has the same issue, and he's male. I think it's cultural (he's Indian) and he's in a new role (he's a new partner, he likes to be seen as the 'go to' guy). I go to the end of the earth for people and projects I believe in..and peeps who inspire me. I'm sorta fed up with him...but I need this engagement, I think, for career development :mad:. If I can say I've delivered a full lifecycle, global implementation (@ $20M) it should negate my limited experience on technical development if/when I decide to leave my current employ.

I am going to write up a script to follow (to keep from getting flustered), enjoy the Oscars, engage in a little retail therapy (I've been eyeing a new watch) and tackle it in Monday.

Jesse..sorry to hear you are having issues. I always recommend e46 Fanatics 'Ask an Insurance Adjuster Anything thread'...he really helped me with Snowy's negotiations. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Thanks Don.:grouphug: I don't think I get easily flustered, but I do with this person. And the kicker is, I have delivered two of his biggest projects. He has a small circle of people he likes to work with, and his circle is getting smaller because of the way he handles people (He doesn't cultivate talent very well). The issue may be gender, but another peer has the same issue, and he's male. I think it's cultural (he's Indian) and he's in a new role (he's a new partner, he likes to be seen as the 'go to' guy). I go to the end of the earth for people and projects I believe in..and peeps who inspire me. I'm sorta fed up with him...but I need this engagement, I think, for career development :mad:

I am going to write up a script to follow (to keep from getting flustered), enjoy the Oscars, engage in a little retail therapy (I've been eyeing a new watch) and tackle it in Monday.

Jesse..sorry to hear you are having issues. I always recommend e46 Fanatics 'Ask an Insurance Adjuster Anything thread'...he really helped me with Snowy's negotiations. :thumbup:
Some years ago at a place I worked there was some organizational change in the company and the VP of Engineering moved to the VP of PMO position and I got a new VPE to report to. The new VPE wasn't very good technically and he was even worse on the people side. He and I had gone through a few disagreements that didn't end well. I was in the STL office and dropped in on the former VPE who had been a mentor to me and I laid out my tale of woe. I had expected to get some sympathy since he and the new VPE had a long history of enmity. He waited until I finished and then he said " Don, if you're going to be successful in the management aspect of your career, you're going to have to learn how to manage your boss(es), whoever they happen to be". Probably the best advice he ever gave me. :)

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
So stupid. Anyone know if they go by NADA? 1993 318is average retail is $5,495....iv'e always thought they went by NADA...if thats the case they wont total it.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
So stupid. Anyone know if they go by NADA? 1993 318is average retail is $5,495....iv'e always thought they went by NADA...if thats the case they wont total it.
It depends on the insurance company. Some use the market guides, some use a private valuation service. Which insurance company are you dealing with?

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
It depends on the insurance company. Some use the market guides, some use a private valuation service. Which insurance company are you dealing with?
National General

·
Lowlife
256 Posts
Took of my door panel today to fix my off track window and found that the only thing holding the window up was two wooden Ferring strips, all the arms were bent that would hold it to the track so it's pretty much destroyed now I'm just gonna go to a junkyard and see what i can find to replace the whole thing oh and the door panel was glued on , no interior clips at all. Just my luck

241 - 260 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.