Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 280 of 12994 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
...if you're going to be successful in the management aspect of your career, you're going to have to learn how to manage your boss(es), whoever they happen to be". Probably the best advice he ever gave me. :)
I know...I need to put my big boy pants on and have the conversation...I just need to not break down in tears. :cry:. He's the only person who has rattled me so much. Hence the script to remind me I am right! But thank you for reminding me it's a crucial skill to have :)

Kyle, awesome picture. Puppy therapy for everyone. What's the 411 on the little creature?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Jesse, most use a national service. And you should absolutely demand to see the cost breakdown to fix it, as well as the comps they are using to value your car. They undervalued Snowy by more than $5k cause they were using rustbucket, automatic, non-sport wagons. Fight the power :supdude::bs::violent:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I hate to bring down any of the New Englanders, but here it goes anyways... I can't fricken take any more snow. We're supposed to be getting whacked again sunday/monday with anything up to but not more than 18' of snow.

I was THIS close to having the E36 thawed out. looks like it's going to remain a glacier for now. sigh.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Oh, I will! They dont keep in mind coilovers or anything like that do they?

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
No, unless you pay to get your car appraised.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Kyle, 411=information.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
So stupid. Anyone know if they go by NADA? 1993 318is average retail is $5,495....iv'e always thought they went by NADA...if thats the case they wont total it.
Haha wow and that is for a '93? With how many miles? Meanwhile we are telling that other person in that other thread that the '98 323 vert with only 43k miles he is looking at getting isn't even worth $5000?:dunno:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
I also recently rode in a new si.... I wasn't super impressed, but I guess it wasn't bad. I'm not a big fan of winding a motor out to 6k to get any usable power
...unless said motor is powering a 2 wheeled vehicular.

Haha wow and that is for a '93? With how many miles? Meanwhile we are telling that other person in that other thread that the '98 323 vert with only 43k miles he is looking at getting isn't even worth $5000?:dunno:
That's the difference betwixt retail and private sale price. Also differing again is trade in value.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Now this is just disappointing, the thread that spawned this little beauty is erased.

Believe it or not, I was actually wanting to help this guy...

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I would take Jesse's e36 in heart beat for only $5,495. That is a steal. Mileage is not very impotent on a e36. A stock one with common maintenance is going to need a lot of stuff replaced just based on age.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Can anyone get on bimmerforums.com? I just got an email saying that I asked to reset my password and I can not get on the web site to check on my account.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Can anyone get on bimmerforums.com? I just got an email saying that I asked to reset my password and I can not get on the web site to check on my account.
Yeah, it seems Chad broke Bf.c also.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts

·
Back in the game
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
PS: Jose, here is your daily dose of car pr0n. One of the most beautiful cars ever made, which also happens to have the best sounding straight-6 engine ever made.
Those E-types are so gorgeous. Their lines ask you to rub them down with a clean chamois.

·
Back in the game
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
I hate to bring down any of the New Englanders, but here it goes anyways... I can't fricken take any more snow. We're supposed to be getting whacked again sunday/monday with anything up to but not more than 18' of snow.

I was THIS close to having the E36 thawed out. looks like it's going to remain a glacier for now. sigh.
You're bringing down the misplaced midwesterner. I've been in indy for 3 winters now. I experienced 4 at Purdue. Those previous 7 years did nothing to prepare me for this. Indy has already surpassed the record for total snowfall and we're expecting up to a foot of the white stuff on sunday.

I was not built for this:bawling:

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Once again yesterday, even asking to be more involved, my Cali partner has shut me out of another client call regarding pricing and timing....even though I'm 99% sure my process peer was involved. I have to have the hard conversation with him....but he's super defensive and can turn negative and nasty pretty quickly. I am not looking forward to having this conversation.

:(
:( Sorry to hear Jen, I hope it goes as well as possible.

......Thawed.....out.....?

What the hell is going on over there?

:yikes:

Yeah, it seems Chad broke Bf.c also.
:bustingup

You're bringing down the misplaced midwesterner. I've been in indy for 3 winters now. I experienced 4 at Purdue. Those previous 7 years did nothing to prepare me for this. Indy has already surpassed the record for total snowfall and we're expecting up to a foot of the white stuff on sunday.

I was not built for this:bawling:
FWIW, we're in the middle of a drought here. Although, we are having a HUGE storm right now....supposed to bring 1-2" of rain over the next couple days, although it could go as high as 4" :eek:

Anyway, you might like it better. Our rainfall total last year was under 5". :eeps:

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Unless he's mechanically able enough to do it himself, that 323 has a visible high dollar repair in that top replacement. Going price here is $2,500 and that's just what's visible from the photos. The delta in the settlement on my car between $4,500 and $7,000 was the new vert top and the relatively new tranny along with the pristine condition.

·
I feed trolls
4,977 Posts
ANyone have a used iphone for sale?? I need a new phone...badly...

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Trunk and nose panel acquired.
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393643047.883112.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1393643058.732900.jpg

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

261 - 280 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.