Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 12994 Posts

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I would take Jesse's e36 in heart beat for only $5,495. That is a steal. Mileage is not very impotent on a e36. A stock one with common maintenance is going to need a lot of stuff replaced just based on age.
Well ya but that's different because we would value all of his upgrades, and an M3 engine. In the eyes of an insurance company it doesn't matter if your body panels are upgraded to solid gold.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Techietech, I'm not sure was 411 means but its a 10 week old Border collie
Kyle, am I hipper than anyone under the age of thirty???? Thank you....you've made my day :eeps:

It's adorable....I love working dogs! Your pup is a distant relation to Katy in my sign pic (an Aussie Shepard). Do you have a name yet? Periodic pics (just like with da Randies) are required, just so ya know :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
ANyone have a used iphone for sale?? I need a new phone...badly...
I have a white Verizon iPhone 4s for sale. PM me if you are interested.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
So, it's Friday, payday, I got my hairs cut after work, and I just cracked a beer... Things are good at this moment in time! :)

FWIW, we're in the middle of a drought here. Although, we are having a HUGE storm right now....supposed to bring 1-2" of rain over the next couple days, although it could go as high as 4" :eek:

Anyway, you might like it better. Our rainfall total last year was under 5". :eeps:
Yeah, it has been a wonky winter for much of the country. We've had a pretty dry rainy season up here in Seattle, too. We're starting to make up for it a little bit, but our snowpack in the mountains is considerably below average, which means less water in the summer, much like what's going on in CA (where water matters more).

Trunk and nose panel acquired.
Nice! You're on the road to recovery.

I got a new puppy!
Awesome! Fun times. I want a dog... Instead, I have this cat thing. :rofl: (she's cool, though).

Now this is just disappointing, the thread that spawned this little beauty is erased.

Believe it or not, I was actually wanting to help this guy...
:rofl: Awesome.

Those E-types are so gorgeous. Their lines ask you to rub them down with a "clean chamois".
Fixed that for you...

Once again yesterday, even asking to be more involved, my Cali partner has shut me out of another client call regarding pricing and timing....even though I'm 99% sure my process peer was involved. I have to have the hard conversation with him....but he's super defensive and can turn negative and nasty pretty quickly. I am not looking forward to having this conversation.

:(
Oh Jen, I have faith in you! If there is one thing that is immediately obvious about you, it's how hard working and dedicated you are. I know I'd definitely want you on my team. Whatever issues or differences this guy has, it sure as hell isn't your fault. It's so easy to take stuff personally, but so often people just have their own idiosyncrasies and we have to (unfortunately) try to work around them.

PS: You've been a busy person and dog owner for a while... How do you do it? I want to get a dog, but I leave at 8am and don't get back until 6:30pm (which isn't even that bad). I had dogs growing up, but my folks worked quite close to our house and came home every day for lunch to let the dogs out, etc. I can't do that, but there must be a way to make it work somehow.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
If you ask me cats ARE the best pet in the world. And I feel like people who don't really know cats have this image of a wild animal that wants nothing todo with humans. The thing is, is that cats vary A LOT, and yes some are wild bitches that are not worth having, but the majority of cats, are quite loving, good companions, yet they don't have that child like dependence that can just drive you up the walls! There is no having to take them out for a walk in the middle of winter, they are not absolutely so obsessed with food that they have to stare at your hand going to your mouth over and over again. They do not bark at every moving thing outside your window. They keep themselves very clean, they never get smelly. They don't eat a lot, so that makes them a little cheaper as well. They aren't going to wake you up in the middle of the night either because they have to go out. Yes yes I know what you want to say, this can all be fixed with proper training. What I say to that is, EASIER SAID THAN DONE!!! There is no training with a cat, they live long lives, and cat owners rarely have to take them to the vet until they get old and develop kidney problems. Everyone I know who has a dog, my mom included, makes multiple trips to the vet, and spends thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to poop on anyone who loves their dogs, I know they are quite loveable, I just feel like cats aren't given the recognition they deserve for how awesome of a pet they can be, you can make real personal connections with them just like you can with dogs.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Oh, I think there are plenty of cat lovers out there. And dogs are unquestionably more demanding to own, on many levels, which is why I don't currently have one. Cats & dogs are kinda apples & oranges to me. I don't view one as a replacement for the other.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,146 Posts
Although, we are having a HUGE storm right now....supposed to bring 1-2" of rain over the next couple days, although it could go as high as 4" :eek:

Anyway, you might like it better. Our rainfall total last year was under 5". :eeps:

:eek: Holy cow, start building an ark! :rofl: When we get 4" of rain in a day, it's referred to as 'a nice shower'. How the heck does anything live on <10" of rain a year?

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,146 Posts
And every lake within 400 miles......

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Oh, I think there are plenty of cat lovers out there. And dogs are unquestionably more demanding to own, on many levels, which is why I don't currently have one. Cats & dogs are kinda apples & oranges to me. I don't view one as a replacement for the other.
Ya I grew up with a cat, I was only about 5 years older than she was. Very unique, very sweet tempered animal, a great companion for an only child. Didn't matter where I was in the house, if I was crying she was there within 10 seconds. I haven't had a pet since. I used to be in denial of not liking dogs, I would always tell them I like both. Lately though, my friends have been picking up dogs left and right, where there were absolutely NONE before. My mom now has 2, my cousin got 2 and gave one to his parents, my other cousin now has 2, both of my best friends also now have dogs. Two jobs ago I worked for a company that provided wireless internet to rural homes, and boy did I see a lot of dogs doing that job, and not always friendly. I have realized in my adult life that I am NOT a dog person, and for some reason I used to feel guilty about that. I have room in my life for one pet, and that one pet will probably always be a feline friend, they are such impressive animals, hunter wise, and I really enjoy their natural behaviours, with dogs, the only ones I have really enjoyed are the ones where the owner has trained all of their natural behaviours out of them lol.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Yeah, I've been really happy with my cat over these last ten years. She's awesome, and is totally a member of the family.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,146 Posts
We have (currently) 10 cats, all 'outside kitties', since my daughter is allergic to them. My favorite is Tim, a classic grey tabby, and Tim is a female. She was named the moment she was born, with no thought that she wasn't a 'he'. The name stuck. She's super-affectionate, very gentle, and follows me to my workshop, rubbing against my legs until I pick her up and pet her. She puts up with my miniature pinscher, "Ranger". Ranger gets along with most of the cats, and considers a couple of them his personal chew toys. You'd think the cats would object, but instead, if Ranger ignores them, they pester him until he knocks them down and gnaws (gently) on their bellies or backs.

Attachments

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I love how symmetrical tabbies are.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,146 Posts
Tim was the mommy of another cat I dearly loved, Sparky. I made this funny poster of him. And his best buddy was my Border Collie, Chewy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Tim was the mommy of another cat I dearly loved, Sparky. I made this funny poster of him. And his best buddy was my Border Collie, Chewy.
That cat is stoned. :smokin:

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,146 Posts
The evils of catnip. :rofl:

·
Back in the game
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
FWIW, we're in the middle of a drought here. Although, we are having a HUGE storm right now....supposed to bring 1-2" of rain over the next couple days, although it could go as high as 4" :eek:

I've been keeping up on Cali's drought. It's crazy how little rain has fallen. Your climate's temperature is appealing, but rain is nice. Phoenix experiences a monsoon season in the late summer. It brings thunderstorms with high intensity rainfall events. The smell of a hard rain in the desert is something you can't forget. Hopefully you get enough rain to help out your ag economy. You're going to be paying crazy water bills if california has to do more desalination.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Got the fittings done CJ.Had to drill out the straight female/female couplers but they're working perfectly. PTFE taped everything. Now, I just have to muster the courage to go outside and actually put the stuff on lol. Gawd it's cold.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Oh Jen, I have faith in you! If there is one thing that is immediately obvious about you, it's how hard working and dedicated you are.
Thanks Karl :grouphug:

PS: You've been a busy person and dog owner for a while... How do you do it? I want to get a dog, but I leave at 8am and don't get back until 6:30pm (which isn't even that bad). I had dogs growing up, but my folks worked quite close to our house and came home every day for lunch to let the dogs out, etc. I can't do that, but there must be a way to make it work somehow.
Sadly, I don't have one of my own. Just like with kids, I was her surrogate mom for awhile. :( After I had my major surgery and couldn't live in the smelly house, I bunked up with my friend Karen for a year and a half and became Katy's surrogate Mom. Karen and I split the dog duties. Because she is an Aussie Shepard, Katy needed hard exercise a couple of times a day. One of us would take her to the park around the corner both before work (for 15-30 minutes) and after work (for 30 to 60 minutes). She had a dog walker at lunch that cost Karen around $400 a month. Even with the dog walker, we had to arrange our activities so that someone went straight home after work to walk her...which was definitely a crimp in the schedule. At worst, Katy could be alone until around 8pm. And, of course, Katy would often come with us on weekend errands, etc, unless it was the dead of winter or height of summer. And she absolutely looooooooooooved going with us to our group ski house in Vermont. She would go cross country skiing with us and play in the snow for hours :)

Dogs, particularly when living solo, are a HUGE schedule killer...and I can't have one now that I travel so much. Which makes me incredibly sad :(. I had a glimmer of hope that I could adopt a dog out in CA, or when I switched job...because I love their playfulness, loyalty and personality. And, pets are scientifically proven to ward off depression and dogs, in particular, force people to be somewhat active (well, those dogs are well taken care of).

You should get one. With all the outdoor activities you do, a dog would be a perfect companion!

And Dwonda, you are right in a sense that poorly trained dogs are a nuisance..but I wouldn't say that their 'dogginess' is removed once they are trained. A lot of dog breeds are very smart and want to learn...so I don't see that learning commands and tricks (safe ones) are neutering them....rather, we're keeping their minds active!

And Ken, your cats are adorable. We had an outdoor cat named Sunshine growing up, but she wasn't nearly as pretty as your tabby!

281 - 300 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.