Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
10021 - 10040 of 12994 Posts

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Love your new Rover, Chad. And thanks for posting this article. I've been finding Rovers on CL in seemingly great shape for very little money and have considered getting one to bomb around in. This article served as a bucket of ice water over the head to cool me off the idea. :rofl:
To be fair, he's exaggerating a bit for comedic effect.

As you know from my list of vehicles, I firmly believe that if you like something you give it a shot. Find one that's well below market so you can easily get out if you need to and not lose anything.

On the whole, they don't usually have leave-you-stranded kind of problems. It's more the frustrating little things that break way too frequently. This is my 4th Rover, so clearly it's not as bad as Audi. :)

They're very fun to drive and have the distinctly British feel, just like Jags. And they're incredibly capable and comfortable off the pavement. You can probably pick one up for half the price of the Mercs you're looking at, so why not give it a shot for a few months and go where the Scooby can't imagine. Go try it.

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
There's a red one sitting in a field close by, I've been tempted to ask about it, but I should probably get a few more of my current cars running and/ or sold before I do.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Aluminum mounts are nice. I went with steel in my car to keep cost a bit lower and figured the extra handful of pounds wouldn't make a difference in a non-competition car.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Aluminum mounts are nice. I went with steel in my car to keep cost a bit lower and figured the extra handful of pounds wouldn't make a difference in a non-competition car.

Awesome. I was doing the math on my car it should come out at right around 2800ish lbs. profi's are light at 14lbs each. So, there alone is a ton of weight.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Lol Franklynn. Cf hood,stripped ac stripped washer fluid stuff,stripped wiring harness front to back. No stereo/speakers,no sound deadening,aluminum door panels from mkah motorsports. Sunroof will be deleted soon as well there's not a lot left :D but she should haul butt. Oh and hood latches and all that stuff is deleted for the aero catches.

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
2200 dollars at ecs includes
Performance Front And Rear Brake Service Kit
Exact-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Complete Kit
Parking Brake Shoe Kit
Cabin Filter / Fresh Air Filter
Cooling Maintenance Kit - Level 3
ECS Blackout Grille Set - Matte Black
LED License Plate Bulbs - Pair
BMW E36 Lip Spoiler
License Plate Bracket Delete Strip
Front And Rear Suspension Refresh Kit

would be a pretty reliable car after all that. eats up most of my budget though...... we will see where taxes take me.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
Be sure to check the prices at other places, too. Sometimes ECS charges a lot more than other places, especially with shipping. They are not my favorite vendor... Lately I've bought a lot of my parts from GetBMWParts.com (BMW of Silver Spring).

10021 - 10040 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.