Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
10201 - 10220 of 12994 Posts

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
There's a good reason for that, Karl. The dash of the i3 looks like it was upholstered with house wrap, it's horrible.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,448 Posts
I'm likely to be test driving one this Sunday, so we shall see.

The vast majority of the press has highly praised the i3. It's important to keep the car's intended purpose in mind.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,145 Posts
By using a torque wrench that cost less than one stud. Thanks, Harbor Freight.
Lemme ask you...what size drive was it that snapped the stud? I have six HF torque wrenches, two of each drive size, 1/4" (in/lbs), 3/8" (ft/lbs) and 1/2" (ft/lbs). I had all six tested for accuracy, and they were BETTER than the 4% accuracy they claim. The guy at the test lab was surprised, and so was I. He told me one critical thing about 'clicker' torque wrenches: you MUST relieve the preload on the clicker before putting it away. If you leave it set for, say, 40 ft/lb and it stays like that for days, the accuracy goes to heck.

Holy carp, I ain't never seen coupe handles this cheap, any one know of a lower price for new ones?.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-325is-M50_2.5L/Exterior/Body/Door/Door_Handle/
Holy cow, that's dirt cheap. By the way, the coupe and sedan handles for the front doors are exactly the same. There is no coupe-specific handle.

I'm likely to be test driving one this Sunday, so we shall see.

The vast majority of the press has highly praised the i3. It's important to keep the car's intended purpose in mind.
If their purpose was to look as ugly as moose scat, they succeeded admirably. My wife took one look at the cover of the Roundel that had the i3 on it, turned to me and asked "that's not a real BMW, is it? It's so UGLY!" I assured her, yes, it's really a BMW, much to my chagrin. Hidious. Worse than an E46 318ti, and I didn't think that was possible. :tsk:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
If their purpose was to look as ugly as moose scat, they succeeded admirably. My wife took one look at the cover of the Roundel that had the i3 on it, turned to me and asked "that's not a real BMW, is it? It's so UGLY!" I assured her, yes, it's really a BMW, much to my chagrin. Hidious. Worse than an E46 318ti, and I didn't think that was possible. :tsk:
Now that is just mean to the moose scat. You can polish moose scat and make it look good. No amount of polish in the world would make a i3 look better.
See this is much better to look at than an i3.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,145 Posts
:lmao: :bustingup

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
Lemme ask you...what size drive was it that snapped the stud? I have six HF torque wrenches, two of each drive size, 1/4" (in/lbs), 3/8" (ft/lbs) and 1/2" (ft/lbs). I had all six tested for accuracy, and they were BETTER than the 4% accuracy they claim. The guy at the test lab was surprised, and so was I. He told me one critical thing about 'clicker' torque wrenches: you MUST relieve the preload on the clicker before putting it away. If you leave it set for, say, 40 ft/lb and it stays like that for days, the accuracy goes to heck.

Holy cow, that's dirt cheap. By the way, the coupe and sedan handles for the front doors are exactly the same. There is no coupe-specific handle.

3/8" I always stored it in the case, with silica gel packs, fully de tensioner so I don't know what went wrong.

I'd always heard the handle were different, which sealed pretty dumb to me. Regardless though, for the extra $30 over a junkyard I'm not complaint about not having to pull it myself and end up with an other 16+ year old part.

I remember the first time I saw an E46 ti in person, I thought "man, that is one ugly Acura" then I saw the back end. Maybe they designed the i3 just to make the E46 ti look less terrible.

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Sniffle Sniffle. Blow Nose. Rinse. Repeat.

Yuck. I hate colds.

·
I like pie.
3,710 Posts
I've had problems with ECS not telling me that a part was backorder and holding up the whole order for days until I called (has happened 2-3 times)

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,145 Posts

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
They have always emailed me and told me.

·
Young + Dumb
663 Posts
Ive had way too many miscommunications with them. And getting them to fix anything is always an issue. Theyre customer service is so poor. FCP will bend over backwards for you, and their prices are always very comparable.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Ive had way too many miscommunications with them. And getting them to fix anything is always an issue. Theyre customer service is so poor. FCP will bend over backwards for you, and their prices are always very comparable.
Seems like this started to happen when they started offering more OEM parts. Maybe they've stretched themselves a bit too thin or their OEM source isn't giving them a good data feed, but it's been disappointing compared to ordering from them 4-5 years ago. FCP went through a similar tail spin about 2 years ago but seems to have righted the ship and recovered.

10201 - 10220 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.