Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1021 - 1040 of 12994 Posts

·
Fast Cars Suck!
7,726 Posts
Just finished Breaking bad last night. (I know i know im late to the party as usual) but man what a series!

·
Ambitious But Rubbish
1,231 Posts
I've been following snippets of it and I think the Rolls-Royce data is the easiest to believe - data is data (assuming we're hearing it without any "sculpting" that is). I think they are saying the engines ran for roughly 4 hours longer than the other (government) reports claim.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement everyone, and for making me feel more comfortable in my manhood.

@infamous

That wouldn't do much good because cell phones start losing reception at pretty low altitudes, I would guess 500' tops. It is interesting to hear about those separate tracking systems in the engines. Who the hell can trust what comes out of Chinese media anyways. Honestly I don't find much of this that surprising. I suppose what surprises me most is not having GPS tracking in the black box itself. I think the plane exploded in mid air, and its only a matter of time before they find the wreckage.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Yeah I agree, after 6 days I think the chances of finding any survivors are pretty slim, sadly. :( I hope they can find it soon, if only to bring closure to those poor families.

I think something went very, very wrong with the communication/navigation systems and the pilots kept it airborne as long as they could but couldn't get close enough to land, or didn't know which direction to go. Or maybe it was an attempted hijacking but the passengers/pilots wouldn't have it and brought the plane down in the middle of the ocean instead. :dunno: It's a terrible tragedy regardless of the details.

·
Kid in Queen City
380 Posts
Moscato is very good sweet white wine. My wife and I (we are both 22) love it - especially the Barefoot brand. They also have Pink and Red Moscato, and then Sweet Red. <-- is a good way to "mature" your taste as they say, and ease your way into the good stuff (red wine)

Don't judge :rofl:

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Riesling is another sweet white wine.

I personally hate any sugary alcohol, it ruins my buzz, I'll just feel sick before anything else. When it comes to white I'm a big fan of oaked Chardonnays. They have an almost buttery flavor. I really like the Bogle Chard, it's pretty inexpensive and super tasty.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
What's a good tasting wine that women like? My fiancé is freshly 21 and isn't a big alcohol fan and I haven't found a good wine she likes.

No young jokes, I'm only 23 lol.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Rieslings are good starter wines. They have a bit more of a grape juice taste than most wines so they're good for "first timers" then she can branch out from there and try some of the whites that are slightly drier in taste like a white or pink Zinfandel. Most red wines are more of an acquired taste IMHO, but I'm a red wine fan.....

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Wow. Those are even better than what I have at my company, and I thought they were pretty good!

Of course, the bank matched 50% up to 3% of contributions, and I was paying $265 per PAYCHECK for a crappy Kaiser HMO, plus extra for dental and life and everything else, so basically anything was an improvement.

That's pretty amazing that you get a 401k AND pension. That's very rare nowadays!

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__
Well... My benefits are nothing to sneeze at. I have my choice of three plans. Being healthy and single, the one I chose is the most basic of the three. Where I get 80% coverage across the board, up to limits on each of several categories.

In addition they match me 100% up to 4% gross of my salary for RRSPs, and the same for a profit sharing initiative.

:bigpimp:

Glad to see you are secure in your manhood :p:rofl:

Dwonda...good luck on your interviews!

DF...the wines aren't your typical super complex, spicy monsters, but for the price, they are pretty darn nice. I think they both could be had at Costco for pretty cheap. Had a ridiculously overpriced 2011 Cakebread Cab last night at dinner. Really nice, but nowhere near good enough to justify its markup. I'm just glad I wasn't paying!

The 2 lead partners (one of whom paid for dinner last night) on this sale were really great to work with....I have 2 new contacts that focus on Retail...and really liked my work..so here's hoping they can help throw some work my way in the future! :thumbup:

Ed....congrats on the 'raise'. I would imagine the cold really does a number on your car..so it's nice you get to ruin one of theirs. Any idea how long you'll stay in the frozen tundra? :)

Quiet day at work.....on the plane headed to Ohio, where it's a balmy 15 degrees. Tough after temps this week in Dallas were 60-80! Perhaps my hangover has something to do with my slow response time today :yikes::rolleyes::eeps:
Honestly Jen, my plan is 3-5 years. Likely closer to 5. At the end of which I should have a house paid for. :angel:

Rieslings are good starter wines. They have a bit more of a grape juice taste than most wines so they're good for "first timers" then she can branch out from there and try some of the whites that are slightly drier in taste like a white or pink Zinfandel. Most red wines are more of an acquired taste IMHO, but I'm a red wine fan.....
Also Matt, check at your local larger liquor stores and ask if they organize any wine tasting nights. Many do.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Pinot Grigio is a good white wine that's dry while still being very fruity. Would be a good one to try and transition off the super sweet stuff. If you want to try reds, Pinot Noir and Zinfandel are probably the more "beginner friendly" varieties.

EDIT: It's a shame, looks like the closest Total Wine to you is in Wilmington, MD. That places is awesome. It's a supermarket dedicated solely to booze, they do tastings all the time and the people in there seriously know their wine and beer.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I can't stand wine, but Ashlin loves it.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I love alcohol period, I'm always down to try anything.

When it comes to white wines I almost expect them to be sweet, I mean why drink a white wine if its not going to be sweet. Everything has their place, even ice wine, and holy that is an interesting wine to try, so expensive though. I think Rieslings and Pinot Grigio are consistent safe bets.

Which reminds me of how much I miss the LCBO, there is something to be said for a government standardized and organized building dedicated to alcohol! I sure as hell don't miss the hours, or the prices though.

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
LCBO. Largest purchaser of alcohol in the world.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Are you serial?

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Think of it. They purchase all alcohol for the entire province of Ontario. They are seriously the largest purchaser.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Ya I suppose you are right, I just thought maybe other countries had a similar setup, but maybe those countries also have a smaller population.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I'm....a.....dumbass....that is all

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1021 - 1040 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.