Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
10381 - 10400 of 12994 Posts

·
Ambitious But Rubbish
1,231 Posts
Jake, that is pretty bad. V6 model? My brother has a supercharged V8 camaro of the same generation and I am not a fan. It makes good noises, but that is where the appeal ends.
It was an LS1/automatic. So, it made a ton of good V8 noises, but ultimately the motor was wrapped up in a complete joke of a car. I don't know how Pontiac sold these things new.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,126 Posts
Well, df. I think the frosted coating precludes the sunscreen requirement. This was taken a few minutes ago.
Who knew Sasquatch wore glasses?

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,126 Posts
Yeti, anyone? :rofl:

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Sigh. So I've an hour and a half to an hour wait for AAA. Had Jeep not start this morning so hooked it up to a smart charger and made sure the block heater was plugged in for a good four hours. It barely started this afternoon and I drove it across town. (30 min or so). Put it in park, and through a combination of muscle memory and dumbassedness I then turned the key off. Now I get not so much as a freaking click.

Grr...

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,126 Posts
That's a bummer, Ed. :( How old is the battery? It's odd how either cold or heat will kill a battery. The auto parts guys tell me they sell the most batteries the first cold snap, and the first day the temperature goes over 90° here. Which is about May 1. :(

They have AAA in the Great White North?

·
The Canadian Prick.
12,984 Posts
Company vehicle. I'd not be surprised if it wasn't the original battery. (2008).

No we don't have AAA here, I am a member of a subsidiary of the Canadian equivalent, but no one on this forum would understand if I said AMA. (Alberta Motor Association, which is the subsidiary of the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA)). Though it is the same company with all of the same perks on either side of the border.

·
Santa
3,096 Posts
Ahhhh nice I have aaa rv. Best package they have :D. Gas, battery service, 250 mile tows,lock service and if I'm towing a trailer or what not they can tow that for me as well. Awesome deal for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
I'm thinking of caging my ti to make it an all out ralley car, had no idea how much I'll end up having too spend on PPE. No wonder poor people don't last long in racing.
Want to know how to make a small fortune in racing???

Start with a large fortune and buy a race car.......

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Do airbags serve a purpose if you have harnesses?
Unless you have a HANS the air bag is your only protection against a basilar skull fracture, regardless of whether you have a harness or the OEM 3 point belt.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
funny don,...i have heard that same joke with regard to restaurants and music careers....:p

either way they all can be very true....

i was a fan of the 3rd gen firebirds, (owned a few) minus the rattly T-tops...:eeps: but not a fan of the 4th gen. but yeah, i would have invested for a flip.

df

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
It was so awful.

Bought it from a friend for $500 though, with the intent of flipping it. And flip the 'bird I did.
Damn, that was a good deal. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. My e36 could real use an LS1 in it and maybe I would have driven it for the winter. It can be any worse than the Camry. :rofl:

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
A couple pics with my buddy's 2012 5.0. Not bad for Iphone 6 shots.
background.jpg

snow.jpg

snow2.jpg

·
Ambitious But Rubbish
1,231 Posts
Damn, that was a good deal. I would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. My e36 could real use an LS1 in it and maybe I would have driven it for the winter. It can be any worse than the Camry. :rofl:
No, see, I have a total disdain for Toyota, but their stuff is bolted together pretty well. I bet that Camry drives in a pretty straight line, is relatively easy to park, and pieces of the interior don't jiggle if you look at them wrong. I bet the doors don't sag when you open them, the windows roll up without hopes and crossed fingers, and the headlights always work.

I think you said your Camry is a 2002 or so, and would have been sold around the same time as this Firebird. They have held up remarkably differently.

My roommate just bought a C5 Corvette. While that is also not the pinnacle of design or engineering, it's also very hard to see how GM sold the two vehicles side-by-side at dealerships (remember, Firebird was also the Camaro SS). The F-body is a sorry excuse for "design" in many ways - the 3rd gens can get away with it because let's face it, cars in the late 70s and early 80s were, on the whole, not too great. But by the late 90s? F-bodies couldn't compete when new at that point.

The only good thing about that Firebird was the LS1. Every other thing bolted to or near the motor was complete junk.

10381 - 10400 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.