Bimmerfest BMW banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 12994 Posts

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Yea its because the amount of paint for the hood, plus you have to blend it all to match.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I'd buy that. If you don't like the spoiler you can probably sell it for almost what you paid for the whole lid.

And you need to paint the car that red. :thumbup: :yikes:
I think im going to stay gold....to change color it would cost a whooooolllleeee lot more id imagine.

·
Speed is Zen
9,754 Posts
Just ordered a new head unit for the E36. Got a Kenwood something or other that has an almost all black face, variable display color, iPhone 5 compatibility and a rear-mounted USB port for $131 out the door.

Pretty much the exact same features of the now-defunct one I bought in 2008, except that one was $300.

·
Hellawut??
14,546 Posts
i dont like this being a sticky... throws me off.

and patrick do i want a long kayak or a short one? i max want to be in rapids 2 nothing more EVER. so mainly just for excercise on the canal and calm rivers and such.

see some on CL any downside to buyng a 250$ kayak and usuig that? why are some 3 feet and some 14 foot. which is better.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
well, the ot thread is back, but locked. so be it. post counts should be back to previous counts, and maybe we could get this stickied?? i mean, we can't bump a locked thread....:eeps:

anyway, thanks to the bmw team for getting things all back together. :thumbup:

oh, and the majic number is 103538 for post count, 2,932,025 views. :p

and it appears there is an ot sticky already....:eeps:

:D
df

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
if I get that trunk im going to put this on it also!

Attachments

·
Needs Boost
12,109 Posts
Tired of the lb7? Mine has 184000 on it now and I'm retiring it soon. I just picked up an f450 with the 6.7 powerstroke. Are you selling your truck?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

I love it but I've always wanted a crew cab short bed manual duramax. And mine is half paid off and worth about double what I owe on it so I've been considering changing things up.

welp....just got an estimate....$3,187.05

Well I don't know untill I hear back from his insurance. But either way I'm keeping and fixing the car even if totalled. Also opinion guys, my car got hailed on a year or so ago and my trunk got it the worst. Since im mostly likely painting the whole car I'm going to get another trunk if can find one. Here's one local for $150, thoughts on the spoiler?
I have that spoiler and like it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
still learnin'
5,031 Posts
Well I don't know untill I hear back from his insurance. But either way I'm keeping and fixing the car even if totalled. Also opinion guys, my car got hailed on a year or so ago and my trunk got it the worst. Since im mostly likely painting the whole car I'm going to get another trunk if can find one. Here's one local for $150, thoughts on the spoiler?
I like the spoiler!

And you need to paint the car that red. :thumbup: :yikes:
^THIS!

i dont like this being a sticky... throws me off.

and patrick do i want a long kayak or a short one? i max want to be in rapids 2 nothing more EVER. so mainly just for excercise on the canal and calm rivers and such.

see some on CL any downside to buyng a 250$ kayak and usuig that? why are some 3 feet and some 14 foot. which is better.
I agree, keeps throwing me off as a sticky. We will all get used to it.

Long vs Short- up to you. Some pros and cons to each

Shorter Kayaks
Easier to turn and maneuver.
Able to make quicker turns.
Best for estuaries, small lakes, rivers; less suitable for long trips.
good on smaller bodies of water.
Weigh less.
Less affected by winds.
Less cumbersome to transport.
A bit slower.
Good for kids and small adults.

Longer Kayaks
Easier to paddle over long distances (once you get them up to speed).
Able to hold a straight line better to stay on course.
Best for open water
A bit heavier.
Able to carry heavier loads with less performance loss.
Glide farther per stroke for greater efficiency.
Move faster.
Hold more gear.

A good resource for kayak info is from REI
And I see nothing wrong with buying a used kayak from CL. In fact, I have my 14 footer up on CL now. Looking to downsize, as I am just not able to get out on the water enough to justify storing a 14 foot kayak. When I was out on it every weekend, and most week days in the summer- the longer one is where its at!

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
:rofl:

and jesse, wow!!....that's more than what cadence was quoted and i had fender, bumper, nose, headlight, and foglights:yikes:

df
Well I have fender, bumper, nose panel, headlight and hood.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
I'm confused Jesse, what do you mean you are going to pay the difference and just get the car painted?

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
I'm confused Jesse, what do you mean you are going to pay the difference and just get the car painted?
Vs just getting the front fixed, im going to pay the difference and get the whole car painted as long as I can afford it.
I still have to source a bumper and non blinker fender or just weld in the blinker whole.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Vs just getting the front fixed, im going to pay the difference and get the whole car painted as long as I can afford it.
I still have to source a bumper and non blinker fender or just weld in the blinker whole.
Ya sorry thats what you said before, and I just don't understand what difference you are paying. I'm very much used to the auto insurance I had in Manitoba, and over there you bring your car in, get an estimate, and then you can choose to get it fixed wherever you want. They give you claim forms to give the shop. The shop then bills the insurance company directly, and they will also ask for more money if it costs more than the estimate. But my point is there is no way around repairing exactly what was damaged unless you just don't make a claim.

·
Jesse Moon Bayne
8,245 Posts
Ya sorry thats what you said before, and I just don't understand what difference you are paying. I'm very much used to the auto insurance I had in Manitoba, and over there you bring your car in, get an estimate, and then you can choose to get it fixed wherever you want. They give you claim forms to give the shop. The shop then bills the insurance company directly, and they will also ask for more money if it costs more than the estimate. But my point is there is no way around repairing exactly what was damaged unless you just don't make a claim.
His insurance will send me a check and I do with it as I choose.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Woooo that is super cool, can't wait until my first claim! I'll have to sneak behind old ladies in the parking lot.

·
Insane in the membrane!
4,561 Posts
Way to make me feel guilty over it, GAW!!!

121 - 140 of 12994 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.